Holiday books..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blood ties by Sam heyes AMAZING !!!!!!

Oh I was going to suggest Sophie Kinsella. It looks like there are a few of us fans here!
How about a good biography, or a trashy biography by your favourite celeb?

Fifty Shades of Grey is a good holiday read - its a bit saucy though! :eek:

That has been lifted/banned from some of the stores here!!!

Me before you by Jojo moyes. Its amazing but a but of a tearjerker! Enjoy your holidays

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

i second this, read it on holiday in Easter blubbed like a baby (behind my sunglasses) but a beautiful, really well written story, loved it!

on that hols i also read the truth about melody browne by Lisa jewell, couldn't put it down, another Fab read!

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Fifty Shades of Grey is a good holiday read - its a bit saucy though! :eek:

That has been lifted/banned from some of the stores here!!!

Really??! OMG I didn't think it was that bad!

I did read it on my Kindle though so that no-one would know what I was reading, lol :green:

Cant belive no one has said twilight yet. X

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Been searching Amazon for all of your suggestions, just dont know which to go with eeek :eek:

I've read all Marian Keyes, some twice! Couldn't pick a favourite they are bloomin brilliant.
I recently read One Day by David nicholls and couldn't put it down (much better than the film) but it's quite a tear jerker!x

Hi geeks
Anyone got any good recommendations for good books to read on holiday? I am away next month xx

Deffo 50 shades of grey for a steamy read 😉

Deffo 50 shades of grey for a steamy read 😉

Girl with a one track mind for an even steamier read.. True story too! 😳

The ugly sister by Jane fallon. I do love her books.x

I would defo recommend the fifty shades trilogy.

Fifty shades of grey, Fifty shades of darker & Fifty shades of freed.

I don't usually read that much but I got myself a new tablet pc and so that I could read some ebooks while I'm away in EuroDisney (next week) I bought the fifty shades books and started the first one last Wed evening (thinking the 3 books will take me a while to get through so I'd start them and still have plenty left to read while away) - I finished the third book yesterday :eek: I did not want to stop reading, fabulously written gripping trilogy. I can't wait to see what E.L James writes next.

Now torn what to get to read on holiday next week lol.

Agreed!! I bought it the other day and whenever I can find time I read a chapter!! Addictive and filthy lol love it x

I always end up buying a Martina Cole book in the airport before holidays.

Didn't mean to press send! Her books are about London's crime underworld. I can never put it down on holiday xx

I've just got myself quite a few Martina Cole ebooks and I also got a few Sophie Kinsella ebooks too - guessed that if I have a few different authers on my a-pad then I should be able to find something to get into while away lol.

cant stand martina cole books personally, but loved "girl with the dragon tattoo" trilogy!

Another trilogy I really enjoyed (albeit supposed to be kids books) was Philip Pullmans "Dark Materials".

Also, anything by Dickens - "Great Expectations" and "Tale of two cities" are prob my favourites.

John Grisham has some great stories out there too.

Could list loads more, but without knowing your reading style, it's hard to recommend.

Oh, and of course, as mentioned before, the Harry Potter series - soooooooooo much better than the crap films xxxxx

Are you into crime/thrillers? If so, Peter James is AMAZING!! He has a series of books on a detective called Roy Grace and I'm hooked... The latest one is due out in a fortnight - I can't wait!! Xx

P.S. I'm 3/4 through Cecelia Ahern's new one. It's good, easy reading, no thinking required and quite funny :) xx

If you like Lesley Pearse her book called Belle is the best book i have ever read she has not long brought out another one called the promise which is a follow on to Belles story.
I have not yet met one person who has had a bad word to say about this book!

Latest posts

Back