Holiday books..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would defo recommend the fifty shades trilogy.

Fifty shades of grey, Fifty shades of darker & Fifty shades of freed.

I don't usually read that much but I got myself a new tablet pc and so that I could read some ebooks while I'm away in EuroDisney (next week) I bought the fifty shades books and started the first one last Wed evening (thinking the 3 books will take me a while to get through so I'd start them and still have plenty left to read while away) - I finished the third book yesterday :eek: I did not want to stop reading, fabulously written gripping trilogy. I can't wait to see what E.L James writes next.

Now torn what to get to read on holiday next week lol.

Ow, you're a dirty girl! Lol :biggrin: "Oh my...."

Fifty shades, fifty shades and how about fifty shades! Totally addictive and naughty but my god did I love it! Read them all in 3 days! Mmmmmm stay calm and obey grey!

Any James Patterson especially the Alex Cross series,Dean Koontz is also great if you like sci-fi/horror!
Cant wait to get my Fifty Shades trilogy though,everybody seems to love it :)

I like Sophie kinsella aswell and Lindsey kelk. Her "I heart" series is good :) I enjoy chick lit though.

I got my kindle about 3 weeks ago and am reading much more.

I am going to download some of Marian Keyes older books since they come wth reccomendations. X

I dont think so, is it a new one? Eeek im more excited about the book choice than my hols ha

I don't know how new this one is but her newest one is got your number or something along those lines.

Ok Geeks. Thank you all so much for your replies. The trilagy sounds great so mamy recommendations but i am only going for a week and I would stuggle finishing one book. Going to try and get sophie kinsella got your number in paperback. Of i cant get this then I will be referring to this thread next Thurs in WH Smith at Gatwik Airport!!! Xxx

Are you into crime/thrillers? If so, Peter James is AMAZING!! He has a series of books on a detective called Roy Grace and I'm hooked... The latest one is due out in a fortnight - I can't wait!! Xx

Sarah - it came out yesterday! I love love love the Roy Grace series, can't WAIT to see whether Sandy will re-appear - with his son!!! :eek:

I'd pre-ordered from Amazon back in March and it was delivered straight to my Kindle at midnight yesterday. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend?! :biggrin:

Sarah - it came out yesterday! I love love love the Roy Grace series, can't WAIT to see whether Sandy will re-appear - with his son!!! :eek:

I'd pre-ordered from Amazon back in March and it was delivered straight to my Kindle at midnight yesterday. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend?! :biggrin:

I KNOW!!!!!!!!! I had pre-ordered it on iBooks and got it at midnight too. I started reading the first 3 chapters and I'm hooked already. I've already planned to be anti-social and read it while I'm eating my lunch today!! Lol.

SO excited. I think she will because Cleo should have had the baby in this one, shouldn't she?

I'm so glad someone else shares my enthusiasm!! Lol xx

I KNOW!!!!!!!!! I had pre-ordered it on iBooks and got it at midnight too. I started reading the first 3 chapters and I'm hooked already. I've already planned to be anti-social and read it while I'm eating my lunch today!! Lol.

SO excited. I think she will because Cleo should have had the baby in this one, shouldn't she?

I'm so glad someone else shares my enthusiasm!! Lol xx

I haven't started it yet, as I'm halfway through another murder at the moment (a novel, I hasten to add! :biggrin:) and I'm determined to finish reading that one first. I'm predicting Sandy will pop up with Roy's son in tow just as Cleo has her baby. I didn't think the last book was quite up to the standard of the rest so I'm hoping he's back on form with this one. I think we need some resolution in the Sandy saga too, its starting to drag a bit now. I tweeted Peter James once and he replied!!! How sad am I?? :lol:

If you're reading on iBooks - do you have the Kindle app too? If so, just a little tip - when I pre-ordered the book from Amazon in March I paid £4.30, whereas it was quite a bit more on iBooks I think (and it was £8.60 on Amazon yesterday too). Xx

I have read the entire Immortals After Dark series - think 50 Shades meets Twilight ;)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Ok Geeks. Thank you all so much for your replies. The trilagy sounds great so mamy recommendations but i am only going for a week and I would stuggle finishing one book. Going to try and get sophie kinsella got your number in paperback. Of i cant get this then I will be referring to this thread next Thurs in WH Smith at Gatwik Airport!!! Xxx

I'm not sure It's out in paperback yet maybe only hardback. Although I'm not sure how soon they bring out paperback after the books been released.

If you like a bit of filth for you're summer read I can highly recommend Platinum by Jo Rees :o

The Island by Victoria Hislop is just fabulous set in Crete part love story and partly true as its set in Spinalonga a former leper colony off the coast of Crete

The Pursuit of happiness (not the Will Smith film) by Douglas Kennedy is in my all time top 10 utterly fabulous

Going to have to get myself a Kindle and buy fifty shades of grey before I head off for Kos in August

Sarah x

I haven't started it yet, as I'm halfway through another murder at the moment (a novel, I hasten to add! :biggrin:) and I'm determined to finish reading that one first. I'm predicting Sandy will pop up with Roy's son in tow just as Cleo has her baby. I didn't think the last book was quite up to the standard of the rest so I'm hoping he's back on form with this one. I think we need some resolution in the Sandy saga too, its starting to drag a bit now. I tweeted Peter James once and he replied!!! How sad am I?? :lol:

If you're reading on iBooks - do you have the Kindle app too? If so, just a little tip - when I pre-ordered the book from Amazon in March I paid £4.30, whereas it was quite a bit more on iBooks I think (and it was £8.60 on Amazon yesterday too). Xx

OMG... Just finished it... Have you?! What did you think? I'm gutted I've finished... When's the next one out?! I'm being serious... Lol xx

I would usually agree with you that a week is not long enough to get through 1 book but I asure you I managed to read all 3 books in 5 days, they make you want to keep reading and when you have to put them down you can't wait to get back into them to find out what will happen next.

I have confidence that you would read at least 2 of the 3 books if not all 3 if your planning to have a relaxed holiday, maybe not if your holiday is more about getting out and about to see sights or go shopping.

I wish I'd had them on my girly holiday back in May, would have made the time fly when all the other girls were by the pool sunning themselves (I burn WAY too easily to sit by the pool :sad:) and I was in my room reading some boring short stories.

Latest posts

Back