Holiday Club Fvn?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbies Gellies

Reaction score
Hi, are any of you geeks a member of the holiday club called
Freedom Vacation Network who are link with Timlinx SA. ?

We were approached in Spain last week on holiday to join after being given scratch cards in the street (by English person)

Just wanted to know if anyone really gets a good deal from this sort of club?

my mum and dad signed up to something like this when they were abroad. Think they paid £2-3k for 3 years.

they get 3 holls a year with it, and have been on a few. It expires this year.

funnily enough Watchdog or some other programme exposed these holidays as scams, and the scratch cards are all the same. The programme showed that the staff are all British, they were cons and happily target British people and some where quite aggressive and sneered at the people who signed up for the holidays.

My mum and dad were given a scratchcard then put into a taxi where they went to a hotel to listen to a presentation, they were then told that they would lose the euros that they had won on the scratchcard if they walked out of the hotel.

Although they have managed to get onto some holidays, they have found it extremely difficult to get on them and they are totally flexible with dates. Everything has to be done online and THEN by fax. My sister (who is a whizz on the net at getting cheap holidays) said she found the beaurocracy around booking the holidays ridiculous and designed to put you off booking any.

Hope that your company wasn't featured on the TV and that it is all OK for you.

Thanks for your reply, sorry to hear your parents were cought up in it. I have, since posting on here, looked at a site called holiday watchdog which has a forum and found lots of info about Freedom Vacation Network and that they are a scam!! so anyone else reading - be warned.

just to add we were given on the street a scratch card by an English person.

Our holiday we were on was from a timeshare company called Club La Costa we answered a quick questionnaire at our local shops then got a phone call to say we had won a holiday and to claim it we had to listen to 2 hours of timeshare sales talk - so we did and got a free holiday inc flights to 5 star accommodation. We had to listen to more sales talk but did not join.
This was nothing to do with the scratch card scam.

so have you parted with any money?

many years ago I filled in a questionnaire on the plane coming back from a holiday. I got a phone call congratulating me on winning a holiday and we were invited to attend a presentation at a hotel where we could pick up the vouchers to our holiday. We went, it was packed, and listened to a timeshare talk and to go on our holiday we had to agree to be shown around a hotel whilst we were there.

we walked out as did the majority of people.

Latest posts

Back