Holiday Cover - What Do You Do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi all

Speaking as a 'one man band' im just wondering what you guys do when it comes around to holidays?

I have some clients who's holiday 's coincide with mine etc and ask if i can recommend somewhere for them to go ( most will wait - i am working the saturday and sunday:irked: b4 i go to accomodate:green:)

Do you recommend anywhere to them ? or expect them to wait?

amb x

Never took a holiday while I did nails:irked: But my nail tech used to tell her clients what her holiday dates were and we all crammed in just before and just after. Funny none of us ever thought about going else where must have been the way Rai worded it.
I'm on holiday from ... to... so when do you want your re balance? All delivered with a bright smile lol

Work like a dog for the week before, then again on the week I return :lol:

In some ways I wish there was another decent Nail Tech in my area I could recommend them too whilst I'm away, and vice versa

Most of my lovely clients are prepared to wait while I'm away, and bless them, they've been waiting while I've been out of action this last 10 days too - one even bought me flowers yesterday :Love:

Hi all

Speaking as a 'one man band' im just wondering what you guys do when it comes around to holidays?

I have some clients who's holiday 's coincide with mine etc and ask if i can recommend somewhere for them to go ( most will wait - i am working the saturday and sunday:irked: b4 i go to accomodate:green:)

Do you recommend anywhere to them ? or expect them to wait?

amb x

a'hem....i know a gal just down the road who would be happy to help if i can...xx :hug:

Work like a dog for the week before, then again on the week I return :lol:

In some ways I wish there was another decent Nail Tech in my area I could recommend them too whilst I'm away, and vice versa

Same as - it sometimes feels as if it's not worth taking time off.....!!

i always give my clients plenty of notice if i am taking holidays

so i usually end up cramming in everyone before i go and the same when i come back

i very rarely have clients who go else where but i do recommend a fellow tech if they request it

Its true you generally dont take holidays when ur a 1manband but you have to, my first holidays were taken out of season (it helps that I mostly visit parents in Florida!) but if I was going away I just let everyone know my dates, put a sign up in toilets n by reception and work til late most nights. You can also call, txt or email those who will be needing fills. Your client wont abandon you just because your taking a holiday so dont worry!

I have just had a nightmare with this. My nail tech went away for two weeks and it was hard work trying to accomadate clients. I do have a good nail tech to pass them too if need be tho, dont I Jo :lol:??? *lol*

I am now going through the same, I only want a week off, my first in two years and ended up doing 40hr in 3 days to accomadate all my clients *phew* :)

Am currently in Tenerife visiting my mom for 14 days, anyway recommended a fellow nail tech to do any repairs etc whilst i´m away to my clients that i know will need one.

Have had 9 clients txt me in last two days. I seriously think they think I´ve left for Mars and am not coming home, unfortunately I didnt bring my appt book with me but have made a list of clients whom I need to contact on my return.

I worked 14 hour days before I came and shall do 14 hour days when I get back, arrive in UK early hours Wednesday morning, first client at 9.30am, last one at 8pm, cant remember the rest of the week unfortunately.

I think next time I visit mom I´ll only come for 10 days, its my fortnightly clients that are the most needy, which is good but not when I´m away.

Anyway, enough of my rambling on, hope the weather not too bad in UK, its absolutely gorgeous here, my tan looks fabulous.

Ju xxx

I have to say i only take a week off or i would find it too hard to fit in all my clients. I just make sure i tell them my dates, then fit them in before and after. I have recommended another tech if they get desperate, but most want to wait for me. (great in a lot of ways, but it makes it hard sometimes.)

Everyone is entitled to a holiday, so go for it and just make sure you plan well ahead. The thing i do like, is the fact the clients i have who like to go three - four weeks, have to have them done sooner so i can fit them in. Better for me in that respect.

Everyone is allowed a holiday, even nail technicians!!!

My hubby would trow a proper hissy fit if I said we couldn't have a family holiday for the sake of my clients!! (quite rightly too). So I do what most people on here do and that's work like a maniac the week before and the week after hols! No other way to do it.

The first few weeks home are a bit off whack until you can even out the app's again, but 3 weeks home now and they've all settled back into a decent pattern.

You are allowed a life - and some time off! By the end of the 2 weeks though (actually by the end of the first if I'm honest) I was literally dreaming about nails I was missing it that much! (sad I know!:rolleyes:)

I tend to basically, work every hour I can the week before, and get everyone booked for the week after. eg, my basic hours are 10am to 9pm tuesday to friday then 9am to 2pm sat. I extend this to 9am to 10pm monday to fri, then 9am to 5pm sat. It nearly kills me but it keeps everyone happy!! Boy, do you need the holiday at the end though, lol!

Latest posts

Back