Holiday destination ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbabinks

Reaction score
Hubbie and I have decided that if we dont just book a holiday and pay it off over the year it will never happen.
We've decided we're going to take the kids who will be 5 and 3 abroad, possibly with my dad and step-mum and his parents.

We've talked about it and made up our minds that it will have to be the last half-term next year in October so we can pay it in installments and save up some spending money.

Between all of us we dont really have a clue where we want to go, hiwever I do have a list of peoples likes:

Flight time no longer then 2 hours
Hot but not sweltering
Suitable for familys but not to geared up round kids
Self-catering (so probably hire a villa)
No clubbing nightlife near by, but maybe a quiet bar the grandparents can wander off to of an evening.

I think what their looking for is somewhere with a bit of history and places to visit so that they're not sat round a pool for the whole week.

So does this fit any places you geeks have been on holiday?

Thanks geeks
Ria

what about some of the quieter parts of Greece?
I think its Zante that is very pictureque but quiet. I believe that it may be a touch longer flight time than 2 hrs but not too long.

Or Jersey / Guernsey
These are beautiful places, the weather wont be as nice as greece then though:irked:

Some of the islands of spain are quieter than mainland also, Maybe mallorca .

I must admit I love Turkey, once you get used to dealing with the locals trying to entice you into their shops and restaurants its great. I have been there in October and found it lovely and warm, obviously quieter than summer but still things going on.

hth a bit hun:hug:

Thanks hun that gives me something to work with.

sounds just like you want where I live lol...

Not quite sure about the history...but there definitely is some around...

sounds just like you want where I live lol...

Not quite sure about the history...but there definitely is some around...

Was thinking the same thing - as I read your description Ria I thought hold on I live in town like that!

The Algarve, Minorca, Gibraltar, Majorca, Madeira, Malta, Italy ....

Was thinking the same thing - as I read your description Ria I thought hold on I live in town like that!

lol...I thought she has just described Javea...:lol: Made me appreciate my little town all the more...it sounds ideal.

Hi

I too LOVED turkey, we went to Bitez and it was lovely! Lots of bars and restaurants but chilled out too.

If you head to Zante whatever you do don't go near Laganas! It is heaving with nightlife (although I have had a great couple of girls hols there :lol:) the other side of the island is beautiful though!

If not good old Spain!

xx

There is a fab 4 bed house opposite me...directly overlooking the pool...there has been families with parents/in-laws staying in it all summer. It is fantastic and I highly recommend it...plus it is literally a couple of minutes walk to everything....and no nightlife!!!

I can give you a link if you want...let me know.

xxx

There is a fab 4 bed house opposite me...directly overlooking the pool...there has been families with parents/in-laws staying in it all summer. It is fantastic and I highly recommend it...plus it is literally a couple of minutes walk to everything....and no nightlife!!!

I can give you a link if you want...let me know.

xxx

Yes please, sounds perfect.

Apartments

Jardines del Mar - sleeps 8
Jardines del Mar is within easy reach of the Port of Javea and the old Town.
This is a modern well planned complex with spacious gardens and community pool.
This linked chalet has its own private small garden area which leads out onto
the community pool.
The whole complex is gated which makes it ideal for family holidays.

Upstairs Double bedroom

Upstairs 2nd Twin bedroom

Downstairs Double bedroom

Kitchen

Four Bedroom/Two Storey
Linked Chalet.

Accommodation: Lounge/Dining Area leading out onto small patio/garden area which in turn leads out onto the community gardens and pool area.
Bedrooms: Two Double bedrooms. Two Twin bedrooms.
Wash Rooms: Two bathrooms - one ensuite. One shower room.
Kitchen: Washing machine, Dishwasher, Electric Hob/Cooker, Microwave, Fridge.
Facilities: TV, CD Player.
Excluded: Pets.
Notes: Weekly linen change. A/C and Central Heating at an Extra cost payable in resort.

Pool and gardens

Private garden and terrace

Lounge

Dining area

ooopppssss that went a bit manic...sorry just filled up the whole of salon geek with this...I am useless ...no idea how to add links...

ooopppssss that went a bit manic...sorry just filled up the whole of salon geek with this...I am useless ...no idea how to add links...

Thanks hun I'm off to have a look at it now.

We have just had a family holiday in mainland spain. (4 bedroom villa with own pool. 7 adults 2 kids n 1 baby all fit comfortably) , Mijas, in between malaga airport n fuengirola (only 40 mins from airport). BEAUTIFUL. booked with villaplus.com. lots of choices on there to suite budgets n areas too.

hope this helps.

Jooles x

We have just had a family holiday in mainland spain. (4 bedroom villa with own pool. 7 adults 2 kids n 1 baby all fit comfortably) , Mijas, in between malaga airport n fuengirola (only 40 mins from airport). BEAUTIFUL. booked with villaplus.com. lots of choices on there to suite budgets n areas too.

hope this helps.

Jooles x

Thanks hun will have a look now x

Menorca is wonderful for families - a beautiful place not far away a real gem of an island

I am soooooooooooooo jealous of all the geekers above that live in Javea:green:

It looks absolutely beautiful, you lucky lucky bu**ers!!!!! If you ever need any help either in your salons, or even housekeeping, ANYTHING!
let me know :lol::lol::lol:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug::hug:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jardinesdelmar1.jpg

THIS IS WHERE I SWIM EVERY DAY....:lol::lol::lol:

jardinesmar1.jpg

Latest posts

Back