Holiday in December, Morocco?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pink_Princess

Reaction score
Has anyone been to morocco? Looking at Marrakech and agadir in December but wondered if anyone has been and what weather is like that time of year. It will be for birthday celebrations and also the first abroad holiday for my lil man. Or does anyone have any other suggestions that are warm, cheap and not too long a flight?
X

I haven't been to Morocco, so I would suggest looking at travel websites for weather etc - there are loads you can use to get this info.

I have, however, been to Tunisia (albeit a long time ago). I'm not sure how old the little man is, but if he is very young (toddler age) I would probably opt for one of the Canary Islands. They are all very commercial, and that may not be what you want from a holiday, but at the same time, they are very suited to young children (ie English speaking medical facilities etc) and a warm, temperate climate. hth xx

I would have thought the canaries would be your best bet for weather.If there are a few of youwhy not look at sharing the cost of a villa from somewhere like owners direct.

My Gorgeous Hubby treated us both to 4 nights in Marrackech as my 48th Birthday Present 2 years ago... Yes I am going to be 50 next year :lick: . After much investigation and research on line, we decided to stay in an authentic Moroccan Riad (too long to explain but look it up on Google) in the Medina which is The Old City of Marrakech... There is the old and the new.

The old city has all the tradition and history, smells, flavours etc... It can be quite daunting and over powering on the senses, however, having been born and raised in Southern Africa with much of our growing years being spent on African farms, we felt confident treading what seemed like familiar ground.

It was magical! Expensive but magical. We could not afford it again in a while but it is on our ' to be repeated list' for our retirement, lol.

There are less expensive accommodations but I honestly think you pay for what you get. An Arabic/Moroccan Riad is the way to go if you want to experience and savour the authentic Moroccan flavours of life.

On a humorous note... we visited the Atlas Mountains and followed our personal guide to climb hundreds of feet over rocks, streams, mini waterfalls... negotiating loose rocks and small crevasses and slippery paths and then descending rapidly down a mountain side where they encourage you to run as your guide confidently holds your hand to direct your steps. When I reached the bottom of he mountain and being larger than life in build, nobody had thought I would manage the up, up, up and up the mountain in order to achieve the down, down, down and all in very good time :lick:

Apparently, before I went up the mountain, I was worth 2 camels... But had increased my worth to 10 camels on my return :D :Love: .

Google Trip Advisor for Marrakech to get an idea of a holiday there, butmImdo think the Medina has the old charm.

P.S. We went in the month of February. Temp was coolish but we were able to walk around during the day in shorts or trackie bottoms with a cardi around our waste.

Feel free to PM me if you would like any more specific info x

How old is your son?
I always say everyone should go to Marrakech as its such an experience but I also warn that it's very hectic and not a relaxing holiday. I don't think I would take a child under 10 as it could be quite intimidating!

I'm not sure on weather but in December you need to be quite far south for it to be hot.
My favourite warm (but not in December) countries are bulgaria and Croatia (pula or Cavtat

How old is your son?
I always say everyone should go to Marrakech as its such an experience but I also warn that it's very hectic and not a relaxing holiday. I don't think I would take a child under 10 as it could be quite intimidating!

I'm not sure on weather but in December you need to be quite far south for it to be hot.
My favourite warm (but not in December) countries are bulgaria and Croatia (pula or Cavtat
Ooh, missed the bit about the 'lil man'. Agree, not best place for a holiday with the little chap... And yes, hectic.

My son will have just turned 1, hmm maybe not ideal for him then? We were looking at staying in a Riu hotel and venturing to the medina on one of the days but then staying in the complex the rest of the days just to relax. I also looked at gran canaria or Majorca but its quite a bit more expensive and longer flight.

Is it safe enough going out and about in Marrakech?

X

Ooh, missed the bit about the 'lil man'. Agree, not best place for a holiday with the little chap... And yes, hectic.

I went to Marrakech in July just gone, with my two children both under 10 one of them turned 1 the day we went! It was fine- very hot though and going into the market was a bit stressful with a buggy. We stayed in a really family resort too so there was lots going on!

Has anyone been to morocco? Looking at Marrakech and agadir in December but wondered if anyone has been and what weather is like that time of year. It will be for birthday celebrations and also the first abroad holiday for my lil man. Or does anyone have any other suggestions that are warm, cheap and not too long a flight?
X

My friend went to marrakech and she hated it x
She hated the miss treated monkeys getting made to dance etc xx
But i blv other things was lovely xxxx

I went to Marrakech in July just gone, with my two children both under 10 one of them turned 1 the day we went! It was fine- very hot though and going into the market was a bit stressful with a buggy. We stayed in a really family resort too so there was lots going on!

Do you remember which hotel? Iv been looking at the Riu ones. Is it manageable with a buggy at the market or would I be better to strap him to me in his carrier? X

Do you remember which hotel? Iv been looking at the Riu ones. Is it manageable with a buggy at the market or would I be better to strap him to me in his carrier? X

I stayed at Eden andalou spa and resort with riads- you can google it. It's quite a nice resort (although not 5 star) and they do good deals. I took the buggy into the souks even on the cobbled streets and coped ok it's pretty accessible really a bit crowded but it wasn't too bad (not as bad as Oxford street on a busy Saturday) but it would be even better with a carrier thingy if is had one I would of used it. In dec the weather won't be as hot so in sure it will be a lot better for the little one heat wise!

X

Than you Hazeleyes! I think in going to definitely book to go to Marrakech. Fancy something different to the usual Spanish island holidays! X

Than you Hazeleyes! I think in going to definitely book to go to Marrakech. Fancy something different to the usual Spanish island holidays! X

Enjoy! X

I've been
You must try the orange, it's the best in the world! I would go back just for the juice!!!!

Latest posts

Back