Holiday in week, was going to use sunbed now considering tinted moisturiser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerriequinton01

Reaction score
hi geeks. really stuck on what to do, going on holiday a week tomorow, need to go with a bace tan to cover my horrible stretch marks,plus. was considering sunbed, but really dont want to damage my skin, would happly use fake tan (st.topaz) but dont want it to patch as will be in and out of pool. so now thinking tinted moisturiser? would that patch n fade when in water?and would if prevent me from getting a natrual tan? if any geeks could advice me would be great. as dont want to look like a pale wale on the beach ;)

No point in using a sunbed now as it wouldn't do much in a week unless you tan really easy. Tinted moisturiser will act the same as fake tan probably. The only thing you could do is use fake tan there is really nothing else you can do in such a short amount of time. It won't stop you tanning it will just make it harder for you to see if you are getting colour. Have a nice hol :)

I would go for a light spray tan (8%). I find the lighter ones don't go patchy if you use a good brand. I use Suntana and use the 8% on clients pre holiday. It fades evenly and by the time it's gone you will have a natural tan in its place. If you would rather use a gradual tan the one by Xen Tan is very good.
Have a lovely holiday x

I'm absolutely unbelievably pale too, I had a spray tan before my holiday... went in the pool, got out, boom! tan gone. I just embrace my paleness now, I don't tan either. Irish genes I think...

fake tan/moisturiser doesn't contain any SPF so will not stop you from tanning.

If it were me, I would have a spray tan, and take some gradual tanning moisturiser with me on hols, to "top up" while i'm out there.

Id also take this - Sally Hansen also do a fab product I think its called "spray on tights" or something like that, and I often use that on my legs or tummy if im going out and havent had time to fake it. Its a wash on/wash off product but it doesnt shift with just water, it needs to be properly washed off with soap - so this may be an option if you get patches, or just want nice brown legs on the first few days of your hols.

Really the only creams that would cover and not come off in a pool would be camouflage make up and tattoo cover but you have limited time to get a proper match then of course you are going to be changing colour when you tan.You are also going to need to be putting sun cream on which will take it off.
I think if you don't want a spray you just need to either wear a one piece or just don't worry about them.

We manufacture a daily gradual tan, designed for every day use, it is an organically enriched moisturiser that contains 4% eco cert DHA. it has no guide colour its totally clear. The tan takes about 5 days to reach its maximum effect, but it can then be topped up daily to keep you Tanned. its perfect for your situation Tanning Preparation Self Tanning Products

Last edited:
hi geeks. thanks for all your comments :) im pale atm, but i tan really easyly, but just due to bad english weather, i havnt got my legs, tummy or even arms out in years!! thank you, will take a look at that. have just looked at the temp over in turky and its only 12oc :O might not even be going in a pool. thanks you, will have a look at the gradual tanning :) xx

We manufacture a daily gradual tan, designed for every day use, it is an organically enriched moisturiser that contains 4% eco cert DHA. it has no guide colour its totally clear. The tan takes about 5 days to reach its maximum effect, but it can then be topped up daily to keep you Tanned. its perfect for your situation Tanning Preparation Self Tanning Products

have just taken a look, looks good =). love the lace on the bottle LOL. would i have to wear gloves when applying? would it fade or patch in water? thanks very much for all your comments and help. been very stuck on this :) x

Latest posts

Back