Holiday Nail Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bug123

Reaction score
Just about to go on me hols 8) - got me thinking? :rolleyes:
If my client has a fresh set of nails done before going is there anything that might make them lift more easily? (except my prep of course!)
I've heard that suntan lotion could cause problems for nail extensions with l&p - is this correct?
Any other advice for helping clients keep their holiday nails would be most welcome - any ideas? :idea:
I do appreciate your help :D

Lots of sun sand and water Does dehydrate nail enhancements. Tell them to use solarOil everyday (botanical oils) to keep their enhancements supple and moisturised and not to fry them in suntanoil which is very dehydrating mineral oil.

Pray tell...............are mineral oil and lanolin enemies of our dearly beloved L&P nails??

Dellie

Mineral Oils and Lanolin are both 'humectants' which means that they actually draw moisture out of what ever they sit on - skin or nails. BUT while they sit on top (because they do NOT penetrate the skin) it makes the skin appear to be moisturised. Stop using it and the skin is drier than ever.

They also tend to be a barrier to stop moisture getting in - hence baby oils and petroleum jellies such as ... sh sh sh you know who?? That 'intesive hand lotion' we all know about is one of the worst!!! Hands are drier than ever once you stop using it.

If the client has no solar oil - will any cuticle oil do the trick?

Depends if the cuticle oil is mineral based or not!
Hell ... olive oil is better than some cuticle oils!!
Make sure it is botanical based.

Thanks Geeg - you sure know absolutely everything there is to know about nails don't you girl? :) :)

I don't know about that but I know i'm OLD ENOUGH to!! :p

Crikey Geeg

That's interesting stuff

Mineral Oils and Lanolin are both 'humectants' which means that they actually draw moisture out of what ever they sit on - skin or nails. BUT while they sit on top (because they do NOT penetrate the skin) it makes the skin appear to be moisturised. Stop using it and the skin is drier than ever.

So would you advise your client to maybe use a spray on suntan lotion?

Adele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back