Holistic Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaute

Reaction score
Hi, I am after a bit of advice and have called on my fellow geeks to help.

I am interested in doing a few holistic courses.

I don't know which training provider to go with ITEC or VTCT?

I have also been told that you need 6 GCSE's at grade C or above to include Biology (I only have a D,D as I did the Dual Award Science at school) has anyone done an Holistic Course without the 6 GCSE's at Grade C or above

Could anyone advise.

Thanks,
Louise

No you will not require all those qualifications just for general holistic therapies.For most therapies you will need to have an anatomy and physiology exam unless the course you take runs this along side,some massage courses will do this.
I am only familiar lately with ITEC a and p as my husband did it last year and he is now doing vtct reflexology.I am of the opinion ITEC is very good.
To do anatomy and physiology part time i think requirements are a reasonable pass in english language and possibly science.
After a and p you can usually do any courses you fancy.
I know you can now do holistic therapy in a full time course in some colleges and for this maybe you do need quite a few gcses or someone maybe thinking of Naturapathy that needs a lot and maybe even A levels.
You can look up all your local colleges prospectus online to find out course requirements.

I think that those requirements are only if you are straight from school. for mature students this requirement is lifted.

if you were going to do Holistic Degree then I can imagine those requirements are needed, but not for a general holistic course.

You may also have to undertake an interview to be accepted onto the course.

I have done VTCT and ITEC courses. I have to agree with gillian, the ITEC was superior.

You will generally do some A&P that is relevant to your course but if you are offered an A&P diploma then go for it.

You may also be asked to do swedish massage course first before doing an aromatherapy course. hth

Itec is thought of as the better of the two, for example, the course I want to do in reflexology is VTCT and then you can do an exam to get an ITEC diploma.

I am doing a full time holistic course (VTCT) and there were no pre-requisites for the course other than an interview.

I did ask my tutor if I could "upgrade" my qualification to ITEC and she asked me why I would want to as they are both seen in the industry as good as one another.

Thank you for your replies and for solving my confusion.:)

Are there many clients for Holistic Treatments?

Could you also tell me of any other courses that would compliment holistic Massage (Swedish Massage), Aromatherapy and Indian Head Massage.

What other treatments do you offer?

Are there any trade magazines for Holistic Therapies?

Many thanks,
Louise

My daughter is doing an ITEC holistic massage and beauty therapy course....she is 17 and her only qualifications are Spanish ones...

the ITEC courses I know are accepted for the Cruises... and apparantly are a Worldwide recognised certificatation....

Not sure about the VTCT...

and I have realised your question has been answered...always too late I am lol....

oh well there was my two penneth worth...xxx

Good luck anyway....xxx

Beaute
no can't think of any trade mags. but you usually get one with your insurance, BABTAC do one called Vitality which is FAB! FHT do one too which is INTERNATIONAL THERAPIST.

PM or Ring me, I'm going to be putting some courses on in Holistics all this year starting with Indian head massage. I will also be doing Tibetan head, Hot stones, body massage, hopi ear candles and lots more. these courses will be accreditted with the guild of beauty therapists.

Latest posts

Back