Holistic Hairdresser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rose143

Very Proud Creative Geek
Reaction score
Hi Peeps,

I had a lady come into the salon yesterday asking if I would be interested in offering holistic hairdressing to my clients. Meaning she does the treatments but never heard of this in my life.

She said she diagnoses problems such as dandruff, psoriasis etc and doesn't believe that shampoos and treatments are the answers to these problems. She feels they are deeper than that and have alot to do with diet blah blah blah. She has her own equipment and work table and works with oils etc. She charges £50 for a consultation and says her treatments vary in price depending on the client.

Have any of you heard of this sort of thing at all? If you have, does it work for you, is there a market for this sort of thing?

Your opinions would be most hepful!

Rose

Hi Peeps,

I had a lady come into the salon yesterday asking if I would be interested in offering holistic hairdressing to my clients. Meaning she does the treatments but never heard of this in my life.

She said she diagnoses problems such as dandruff, psoriasis etc and doesn't believe that shampoos and treatments are the answers to these problems. She feels they are deeper than that and have alot to do with diet blah blah blah. She has her own equipment and work table and works with oils etc. She charges £50 for a consultation and says her treatments vary in price depending on the client.

Have any of you heard of this sort of thing at all? If you have, does it work for you, is there a market for this sort of thing?

Your opinions would be most hepful!

Rose

Hi Rose I myself have never heard of it , but someone else may have,

I would ask what qualifications she has ect ? and where she gained them ?
She would have to have qualifications to recommend diet and nutrition wouldn't she ?

Also qualifications in using oils ? would have to have been be gained as we know that using oils can be dangerous in certain circumstances,

Also its not really Hairdressing that she would be doing ,
it sounds more like scalp treatments and nutrition for scalp / skin problems,

Sounds all a bit strange to me but I could be wrong,
I mean she could be trained in all of these things , but I would make sure first ,

Sounds interesting so Let us know what happens , :hug:

Sounds very interesting Rose.
Here in the US we have ones like that but they are called dermetologist.:D.

I think the first thing I would be doing like Minky mentioned is check her qualifications, licenses and insurance.:)

Please keep us informed ..sounds very interesting.

Ok peeps, thanks for your replies :hug:

xxxx

Latest posts

Back