Hollywood Toes question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lashesbeauty

Reaction score
I'm interested in a course in Hollywood Toes ready for the summer. I'm just wondering Whether people find this a popular treatment and whether it's profitable. Is it just on overlay or tips also? Thanks everyone!

The salon I've been working in did it just as overlays with perhaps a tiny bit of an extension using a nail form say if the client had lost some of their nail i.e. broken it etc.

A question to other geeks, if you are trained in L&P inc. sculpting, would you need to do a separate course in Hollywood toes? Coz having done sculpted l&p I picked this up quite easily... xx

Are Hollywood toes just pink and white overlays on toes? Why would you need a special course to learn that?

:lol:

I done the Hollywood toes course in the summer with nsi and its a French gel overlay but you can also do it with glitter. I haven't found it too popular
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I done the Hollywood toes course in the summer with nsi and its a French gel overlay but you can also do it with glitter. I haven't found it too popular
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Acrylic too :)

Same, wasn't very popular in the salon, people went for twinkle toes more often or Gelac. xx

Are Hollywood toes just pink and white overlays on toes? Why would you need a special course to learn that?

:lol:

Yeh they are and I wondered that too with it being easy to pick up. It's no different from sculpting fingers, just a larger nail :D

Acrylic too :)

Same, wasn't very popular in the salon, people went for twinkle toes more often or Gelac. xx

Am I right in thinking that Hollywood Toes are a gel overlay with a french finish and Twinkle Toes are a gel overlay with glitter added (aka Rockstar but for toes).

It's so confusing with all these different names. I think I may just call them Gel Toes (with French finish, Coloured Gel or Glitter). The client knows what they are getting then. Do you do the Glitter toes with a coloured glitter underneath and then add glitter on top, rather like you do with Shellac?

I offer Hollywood toes, and I was taught how to do these by CND. They are a gel overlay with a french finish, and you could always extend the nail if the client has cut it too short or chipped a bit etc. I have always found them a popular service, although with the introduction of Minx they became less popular, but still its worthwhile being able to offer them.

I'm training in Shellac soon and planning to do all my hollywood toes with shellac in future, with the exception of one client I have who I extend the big toenail width-wise for because she's had her ingrown toenail operated on.

Latest posts

Back