Hollywood toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellybun

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if its best to do hollywood toes with a soak of gel rather than a file off

When I first offered Hollywood toes i used nsi balance gel which is a buff off so a bit of a pain.

I would say go with SOG as its so much easier to remove. Or shellac which is what I use and that removes like a dream x

Thanks, any recomendations on a good sog? eventually want to use shellac just got to save first :)

I don't use SOG anymore, when I did it was gelish for me. It lasted 3+ weeks,lovely and shiny etc and a massive colour choice. They say to use the ph bond and to file the nail but I didn't and they lasted very well.

There are so many gel brands out there at the moment. It's what Is going To be best for your pocket and your clients.

A few people have mentioned daisy SOG, they said that was really good but I honestly don't know as I haven't used it myself. X x

I use Gelish & on toes they don't budge at all. For most of my Gelish loving clients I re do their toes after every other appointment so that's usually 6 weeks!

Hi I want to start offering my clients Hollywood toes but not sure how you do it. Please can someone inform me on what to do and roughly how much to charge :)

Hi I want to start offering my clients Hollywood toes but not sure how you do it. Please can someone inform me on what to do and roughly how much to charge :)
Me too ! :)

My hollywood toes how I was trained was to use buff of gel. Its just french on the toes using gel. I trained with nsi so balance gel. The pain is with buff off is you have to file it off opposed to soak off.

I do mine with shellac as it lasts just as long but if they prefer to have buff off the choice is there also.

All you do is if using buff off

- prep
- balance bond
-layer of balance gel pink/clear
-cure
-wipe of sticky layer
- French White with brush on White
- cure
- layer of builder gel if needed
- cure
-finish clear/glaze n go, oil and your done

If using sog or shellac then just do it how you would do French hands