Hollywood wax-burns?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simone21

Reaction score
hi guys, I was wondering if anybody could help me. On Tuesday I had a Hollywood wax done (not my first) and everything seemed to be fine, however, later that day I realised I was a lot sorer than normal so I checked to see what was going on. I have large sections of skin missing and I'm red raw! Is this due to burns or incorrect technique used? I'm qualified in waxing and I can't figure out where the therapist has went wrong as the wax was hot but not unbearable, also, her technique seemed fine. I've never had this before. I have followed aftercare properly and since noticing the burns i have been applying savlon cream. Am I correct to be doing this? Any advice? Thanks, simone xx

Hi Simone. The skin has been lifted and that could be for any number of reasons but difficult without seeing how she waxed you.

Did she strip or hot wax? Did she keep going over the area? Are you on meds?

If she'd have burnt you, you would have felt it when she applied it and you would have jumped. x

I had a horrible Hollywood wax before and sudacrem worked a treat x

Hi Simone. The skin has been lifted and that could be for any number of reasons but difficult without seeing how she waxed you.

If she'd have burnt you, you would have felt it when she applied it and you would have jumped. x
She actually used both which kind of surprised me as I always use hot wax for intimate waxes, no meds that would effect my skin, just amitriptyline xx

I had a horrible Hollywood wax before and sudacrem worked a treat x
I was thinking sudacrem to create a barrier from my underwear rubbing. How long did you take to heal? I feel your pain!x

She went over the area a couple of time with the hot wax. Is this correct? I was told when training you could go over the area with hot wax but not strip?x

You can certainly go over the area more than once with hot wax. It's so difficult to second guess.

Btw, put nappy rash cream on it. x

Canesten cream is great for after bk wax and meant for sore skin in that area

Sent from my A210 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was thinking sudacrem to create a barrier from my underwear rubbing. How long did you take to heal? I feel your pain!x

In my case it was a graze type of burn. It was strip wax and felt ok at the time, but a few hours later was killing me. So sore i had to sit on my bed without underwear for the rest of the night. The next day the skin turned grey and over the next couple of days all peeled off. It was very attractive, lol.

I found it stopped being sore by the next day more or less. I can't remember how long until it healed because it was a while ago, but i would estimate about a week because of the peeling x

Same thing happened to me. She used a combination of strip and hot (i myself only use hot so nearly jumped off the bed with I saw what she was doing but I stupidly persevered) she used the strip right at the crease of my leg and went over that area twice. Like yourself it was only later that I realised. Because it was the crease it was extra painful especially wearing underwear because that's where the elasticated edge of them sat, I had to go commando for a few days. I used nappy rash cream and it healed up in a few days!

Latest posts

Back