Hollywood wax issues, newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Each to their own but I wouldn't want to explain to the client who's paying £35 for a wax that the reason I use both ends is to save 1/2p!!
I think my clients assume it's for the environment not the cost that I use both ends of the spatula, I have the lid to my pot on the side and I lean the used spat against it, sticky end up then use another spat and another etc until the first spat's wax has gone off and then I use the other end of that one.

I think my clients assume it's for the environment not the cost that I use both ends of the spatula, I have the lid to my pot on the side and I lean the used spat against it, sticky end up then use another spat and another etc until the first spat's wax has gone off and then I use the other end of that one.
I see what u mean but it still seems hassle for 30p. Easier to chuck it in my bin and get a new one. X

Good tip for using spatulas wrap some tissue around the side you have used & apply the wax with the other end of the spatula so no double dipping & it saves on spatulas as well x
I use perm papers!

I use both endsof the spatula, its just the way i was taught and you obviously get two applications out of one spatula so you're saving usage on spatulas.
As for the cost factor like the other ladies have mentioned, wouldnt the savings from using the spatula twice and having to wrap it in tissue work out the same as if you were just throwing it away due to having to buy tissues mote regularly to wrap the spatulas?

I use both endsof the spatula, its just the way i was taught and you obviously get two applications out of one spatula so you're saving usage on spatulas.
As for the cost factor like the other ladies have mentioned, wouldnt the savings from using the spatula twice and having to wrap it in tissue work out the same as if you were just throwing it away due to having to buy tissues mote regularly to wrap the spatulas?
This is what I was just thinking. You're saving pennies on the spats but using tissue?

Latest posts

Back