Hollywood waxing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayesha Rajput

Reaction score
Hello my lovelies I pray you are all well and staying safe!

I really need help!! I used to get my hollywood wax done from the salon before the whole covid-19 however when lockdown happened I had no choice but to try it out myself and I must admit I am well proud of myself as I have now learnt to do it all by myself!

I have a concern though. Each time I do my hollywood wax whether its myself or even professionally from the salon (I have even used Lycon wax), I always get bumps/spots and the pubic area is sooo itchy! I honestly get soo frustrated at times! I exfoliate often too! Any idea what I could use? Any creams? I understand this happens due to ingrowing hairs but alot of people I know do not get the itching or bumps and spots like I do!

I look forward to your response.

Ayesha
Xx

get some Gigi No Bumps, it will stop the bumps and prevent in growing hairs. It's a professional product so you may need to buy it from a Salon.

Oohh I shall try this out!

Thank you x

Hey I looked in to the Gigi no bumps product and I don't really feel comfortable using it as it clearly states it could cause reproductive harm. Although I am no pregnant but I'd rather avoid.

Do you know of any similar products please?

I used to have the same problem- I’m a practice model for waxing and I was told exfoliating too much can actually cause this so not to exfoliate too much or hard- also, tea tree oil helps. Hope this helps

Hi
Have you considered using strip sugaring? Works like wax with strip, completely water soluble and gentle on skin. You don’t need solvents to clean and warms in a microwave.Eliminates the problem of ingrown hair too. If interested please let me know.

I'd vote for sugaring too, several of our most sensitive clients don't bump as much with that.

Also, I haven't looked at the Gigi in awhile, but if it has any acids in it (like salicylic etc), that is likely why it's contraindicated--most acids are not advised during pregnancy/nursing. The acids are a chemical exfoliation however that can greatly help bumps/ingrowns. Like rayraymurphy says, too much isn't good, but helping remove the surface layer of skin helps that freshly opened/irritated follicle to stay clean and open for that later baby hair to push out from (vs curling back under/ingrowing).

We use and love Serious Serum for all of our post-hair removals, and many of our clients swear by it too (it has acids).

Hi
Have you considered using strip sugaring? Works like wax with strip, completely water soluble and gentle on skin. You don’t need solvents to clean and warms in a microwave.Eliminates the problem of ingrown hair too. If interested please let me know.

Hi Rosie, I’m wanting to switch to sugaring from waxing - where should I start? Im struggling to find any sugar pastes for strips or professional info on it and there arent many sugaring courses. Can you recommend anything for me?

Quinn

Hi Rosie Khandwala, welcome to Salongeek. When you post you should really disclose that you are the director of a sugar waxing company. Your product looks nice by the way.

Hi Rosie, I’m wanting to switch to sugaring from waxing - where should I start? Im struggling to find any sugar pastes for strips or professional info on it and there arent many sugaring courses. Can you recommend anything for me?

Quinn
Hi I am still writing a sugaring course it will be endorsed by Habia, I hope it will be ready by June. I also make all my own sugar pastes now, all licenced and Leaping Bunny certified. I have over 16 years of intimate sugaring experience. this course is going to be brilliant, people are going to love it. Get in touch if you wish to go on the waiting list.

Hi Rosie, I am interested. Can you please put me on the list?

Hi Rosie, I am interested. Can you please put me on the list?
Hi can you please send me your email address or complete the contact form on our website , thank you

Latest posts

Back