Holy grail hair products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagentaGirlX

Magenta
Reaction score
I am always on the hunt for the absolute holy grails of hair products, so I would be interested to know what yours are!

I'm a hair product hoarder so I've tried a variety of products...
Philip Kingsley Elasticizer and Elasticizer Extreme
Olaplex 1&2 in colour and as standalone, then 3-7
It's a 10 mask and leave in product
Kerastase masks, shampoo and conditioner, serum, oil, heat protector
Joico K-Pak, moisture renew, damage remedy
Redken extreme, all soft Pureology
Moroccanoil intense mask and oils/serums
Bed Head dumb blonde, urban antidotes, resurrection

But I'm convinced the next best thing is always out there!

Looking for either multi use products for clients, or bleached coarse dry hair products for myself

Last edited:
Have u tried Ouai products? A client of mine gets stuff sent to her to test and blog about and I used the conditioning treatment. Oh my god! It’s lush!! Also I’ve been using colour wow on my own hair, the dream filter pre shampoo treatment removes crap basically and leaves your colour looking as fresh as when it’s just been coloured! Also the dream coat, it’s a spray which coats the hair like a keratin blowdry would and lasts 3-4 washes. U spray on post washed hair and blowdry each section, the heat activated the polymers and they protect the hair from humidity without weighing it down at all. U can’t use any other products on wet hair if ur using this but u can for the times in between. It leaves my hair so soft and shiny and that’s my extensions too! I love their whole range I just can’t afford it all lol x

Have u tried Ouai products? A client of mine gets stuff sent to her to test and blog about and I used the conditioning treatment. Oh my god! It’s lush!! Also I’ve been using colour wow on my own hair, the dream filter pre shampoo treatment removes crap basically and leaves your colour looking as fresh as when it’s just been coloured! Also the dream coat, it’s a spray which coats the hair like a keratin blowdry would and lasts 3-4 washes. U spray on post washed hair and blowdry each section, the heat activated the polymers and they protect the hair from humidity without weighing it down at all. U can’t use any other products on wet hair if ur using this but u can for the times in between. It leaves my hair so soft and shiny and that’s my extensions too! I love their whole range I just can’t afford it all lol x
I second the wow dream coat, it's really good for stopping the hair from reacting to humidity.

I am always on the hunt for the absolute holy grails of hair products, so I would be interested to know what yours are!

I'm a hair product hoarder so I've tried a variety of products...
Philip Kingsley Elasticizer and Elasticizer Extreme
Olaplex 1&2 in colour and as standalone, then 3-7
It's a 10 mask and leave in product
Kerastase masks, shampoo and conditioner, serum, oil, heat protector
Joico K-Pak, moisture renew, damage remedy
Redken extreme, all soft Pureology
Moroccanoil intense mask and oils/serums
Bed Head dumb blonde, urban antidotes, resurrection

But I'm convinced the next best thing is always out there!

Looking for either multi use products for clients, or bleached coarse dry hair products for myself
Wella oil reflections is a lovely product line.
Framesi have some great products too, the repair shampoo and conditioner is amazing! They also do a leave in conditioner - colour protect. Their styling range is good too! It's called "For me" the smooth me serum is my favourite, it's a straightening balm, that moisturises and adds shine, minimising frizz and flyaway. The other favourite is shine me brightly super coat - which does exactly the same as wow dream coat with added shine.

I second the wella oil reflections. It smells divine. It was recommended by @ronray in an earlier post and I’m completely in love

Bumble & Bumble products are amazing. All their styling products are really good -Their thickening spray is great -so light and really adds volume without weight. Their mousses are good too - never leaves my hair feeling dry like others tend to. Gentle Shampoo and super rich conditioner is my fave although i havent tried some of their newer ranges yet.
Also Alterna Shampoo & conditioner is amazing too

I love Moroccanoil

I second the wow dream coat, it's really good for stopping the hair from reacting to humidity.

I have the wow dream coat, it doesn’t seem to give me the shine I have seen on others. Can you share how you use yours please? Thanks

Thanks for the Dream Coat recommendation, never heard of it before but will definitely invest in a bottle.

L'Oreal Acidic Sealer is amazing. You apply it after colour and it closes the cuticle, trapping the pigment. It's the most effective product I've ever used, really stops colour from fading. I love L'Oreal Mythic Oil too. Heat protection, moisturising and lots of shine. My hair extensions clients love it and can see a massive difference when they don't use it. And because it's not expensive and lasts for ages, it sells itself.

Does anyone have a good hair extensions shampoo suggestion? I have a L'Oreal account in the salon but the only shampoo of theirs that doesn't react with the bonds is Pure Resource. I'd love a colour shampoo recommendation.

I have the wow dream coat, it doesn’t seem to give me the shine I have seen on others. Can you share how you use yours please? Thanks
After you've washed your hair, I would dry it off until its about 70-80% dry and then you need to section your hair and spray every section, making sure it's coated well. Then blowdry.
If that still doesn't work try using a deep cleansing shampoo before hand to remove any product build up as this can stop the hair from having shine.

After you've washed your hair, I would dry it off until its about 70-80% dry and then you need to section your hair and spray every section, making sure it's coated well. Then blowdry.
If that still doesn't work try using a deep cleansing shampoo before hand to remove any product build up as this can stop the hair from having shine.
Finally getting round to buying some of these products, excited to try them when we reopen! Just wondered if you know if Dream Coat is compatible with keratin bonds and tapes? It's one of Color Wow's recommended products for hair extensions but just looking for some reassurance. Thanks in advance

I love all the Olaplex range and use them religiously, I also love Redken extreme as its protein, ceramides and 18-MEA so great for the hair, I also use elasticizer, and milkshake nourishing conditioner is good (I don't like the moisture plus range though) and I love Davines the entire vegan range is amazing.

Silicone and heat is a damaging combination (and silicone build-up can affect colour absorption), so I’m silicone-free where possible. Recently I’ve been really enjoying a cheapie-but-goodie L’Oreal serum from Boots that has a nice combination of oil and protein - “Dream Lengths”, or something like that. It actually makes my hair feel more substantial. It’s difficult to find pro products that are silicone free. I wish I had more HGs!

Latest posts

Back