Home based salon gel nail prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikki Martin

Reaction score
Hi

I am sure this has been asked a 1000 times before.
I use Gelish and am wondering what others charge for gel polish?

I am currently trying to build a client base and locally some are doing them at as low as 5.00.

It seems like i cannot compete, i feel like i am going backwards not forwards

X

I was a home salon for 5 years, I now have a salon. When I first started with shellac I was £18.00. There is salons now doing shellac hands and toes for £20.00. I don't compete I leave them to it, and I get no end off clients coming to me, turns out it's not shellac. People may like cheap pros but they like cheap products. If your using gelish, look at other salons etc at their price. Don't under charge. Building a client base takes time.

I agree with Kezza. Also don't forget that just because you work from home, you don't need to charge for heating, lighting - all that stuff that would be included if your client was going to a salon on the high street. Don't undersell yourself for a second, and yes, if those others want to charge rock bottom rates for knock off products, let them. You're better than that!

Thank you ladies, I will keep going and I am looking at my options and a possible room in a salon so hopefully this will all come right in the end x

Latest posts

Back