Home Based Salon - tanning booth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you considered using Clear Tanning solution to make less mess?

My husband spoke to someone who told him that clear tanning solution wont turn brown unless in contact with skin, so for those with home salons, or salons they want to keep as clean as possible.

Not sure how true this is, but it was actually an American company who sell product of their own.

The problem with clear solution is, you can't see it going on. Although it turns brown in contact with the skin, I don't think that's immediate, I think it takes the normal development time.

I used to pull the trollies etc out of my room and tan without any kind of booth or screen, just extractors. But I have got a TC3 so the overspray wasn't too bad and not really visible with the naked eye.

However I moved house and my new beauty room is smaller and it's less easy to pull stuff out of the room because there's a step, so I had to come up with a new solution. Basically I have a small room (lobby) where clients enter and I have hung a pair of cheap Ikea curtains (cream / calico) in fact I didn't even buy them, I brought them wth me from my last house and they were 'spare' sitting in the airing cupboard. Basically the curtains catch the overspray and I wash them about every 10 tans.

Am going to look at the Tantrick thing for £400 but the curtains work fine and it's a good cheap option. In fact I'm sure when I had my Tantrick training they suggested hanging a shower curtain again the wall and tan in front of it.

Just one other thing, the smaller the room, the worse the overspray tends to be :)

The problem with clear solution is, you can't see it going on. Although it turns brown in contact with the skin, I don't think that's immediate, I think it takes the normal development time.

you also have to be very confident in your application technique when using clear solution....but clear is a great alternative! its also great for people who have a spray tan in their lunch break!!

Latest posts

Back