Home based salons

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louisa.e

Reaction score
Does anyone know if home based salons/mobile therapists will be able to work if they stop households mixing?
I have read that in Scotland you can still have tradespeople in your home, but can’t find anything about beauty therapists.

As far as I am aware we are able to carry on as long as we are taking the correct precautions but it might be worth checking with your local council as different areas are operating with different rules x

For home based therapists it depends on where you do your treatments. If for example you have a dedicated treatment room which has a separate entrance or the door is right next to your front door then you are fine to carry on working. If you work from a room in your house eg. in your living room or dining room then you cannot have any clients if the rule is no households are allowed to mix. If you have a dedicated treatment room but your client has to walk up or down stairs to reach it or walk through your living space eg. walk through your kitchen to get to it, you cannot have clients. I can't remember if I got this information on UK APNT or FHT or one of the other associations. I researched this when I did my risk assessment.

Any advice on facial treatments and facial waxing in Scotland ? We currently can’t offer them however I do see other salons still doing them. Trying to keep up with the guidelines is mind blowing.

Latest posts

Back