Home based

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickieC

Reaction score
Hello :)
Well my cnd course doesnt start for another 6 weeks, and as advised by the geeks on here i have resisted the urge to to have a go on my nail trainer until my course starts! So all i can do for the next few weeks is plan ahead and get ideas together...Well here is my latest one!

Im planning to go mobile.. but i would love to advertise as home based too. Would it be unprofessional to just work in my kitchen? My dad knows everything about the building business so he would be doing for me, i would get a matching table worktop as my kitchen etc and sliding cupboards so i can hide away or show the products, i would make it nice. I also have a downstairs toilet. My house is newly built and has a strange layout so the only thing on the bottom floor is the hallway, downstairs toilet and kitchen (oh and garage) ..so it is away from my personal part of house.

What does everyone think? you can tell me if its a very bad idea. i can take it:lol: xxx

Hiya, I think it's a great plan if you can attract clients to your house. I have done it and am just about ready to move out and go to premises! :)

You sound like you have a better set up than I have:lol:
Customers came to me for the brand - CND/Shellac/Minx/DD etc... and I pulled in customers from nail parties and local free ad sites/postcard drops/email newsletters/wedding fairs etc... and just showing everyone my Minx toes!

Gving a clean, comfy impression with high end products and infectious enthusiasm is key in my (humble) opinion!

I only did my Mani/Pedi spatacular in June! I keep pushing and getting the name out there!:!:

BTW - I did my website in Vistaprint (I pushed it to its limits!) and get all my stuff from them as so cheap/free. Do some postcard drops now and get some bookings ahead of your CND training. Play on the almond/citrus/earth images etc... sell the FEELING people will have coming to you!!

Good luck!!

Hello :)
Well my cnd course doesnt start for another 6 weeks, and as advised by the geeks on here i have resisted the urge to to have a go on my nail trainer until my course starts! So all i can do for the next few weeks is plan ahead and get ideas together...Well here is my latest one!

Im planning to go mobile.. but i would love to advertise as home based too. Would it be unprofessional to just work in my kitchen? My dad knows everything about the building business so he would be doing for me, i would get a matching table worktop as my kitchen etc and sliding cupboards so i can hide away or show the products, i would make it nice. I also have a downstairs toilet. My house is newly built and has a strange layout so the only thing on the bottom floor is the hallway, downstairs toilet and kitchen (oh and garage) ..so it is away from my personal part of house.

What does everyone think? you can tell me if its a very bad idea. i can take it:lol: xxx

At the start of reading your thread I thought no (knowing what my kitchen is like:)) However from the discription of the layout of your house I think it shoulds like a good idea. Only problem would be keeping your kitchen immacualte and not cooking smelly foods! Sounds good and lucky you having a dad who can help you create a lovely space to work. Go for it. :hug:

Annie xx

Latest posts

Back