Home/garden salon - toilet facilities

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailedIt!Emma

Reaction score
Anyone with a Home Salon/Garden cabin - do your clients ask to use your toilet?! I'm considering converting a room or buying a cabin to offer treatments at home and not sure whether I should incorporate separate toilet facilities or not.

Many thanks

You definitely need to have toilet facilities available for your clients. So far more often than not people have needed to use my toilet.
I know alot of people will either not need it or would just rather hold it than ask to use it.. but imagine asking to use someones loo and them saying they don't have one available to clients!

We did our back bedroom out as my lash room and conveniently it's right next door to the bathroom - I would love to be able to have a cabin in the garden but only if I could get a toilet put in there :)

I converted my detached garage in to a studio, which doesn't had a bathroom. So if clients want the loo, they have to go in to my house. Although many don't ask, I have to be prepared in case that one person needs to go. It really isn't ideal:
- as well as my studio, my house and bathroom have to be clean, tidy and look perfect at all times
- family must be out the house all day Saturday when I'm working
- I can't work evenings as I have a 2 year old who I don't want to be disturbed by clients coming in to the house
- I have dogs so they have to be locked away
- Its sometimes off putting to people. Many apologise because they feel they are intruding.

Without a doubt, I would add a bathroom to any cabin or build you do. It makes things so much easier!

Latest posts

Back