Home hair fail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twixabix

Reaction score
Back in feb I completely changed my friends hair from brown to a lovely Ashy silver colour it was lovely.
IMG_4438.JPG
IMG_4441.JPG

She sent me this yesterday
3c4e770c-542c-4c29-879f-3a390a902e13.jpg

Silly cow got hold of a BLACK crazy colour and put it on. Obviously you can imagine what happened she thought it would go grey [emoji849] anyway just wondering if anyone had any ideas of how She could apart from washing it 10 times a day how to shift it herself without bleaching it luckily she has got Olaplex which she is using. She said she had read putting aspirin in water helps !!! Never herd that but she will try anything. The other thing I’m worried about is what do I do when lockdown is finished and she wants me to do the colour I did last time how it will affect it. [emoji33] help me please [emoji1374]

A crushed high strength Vitamin C tablet in shampoo, left on damp hair for about 30-60 mins is a diy hair remover for direct dyes, NOT bleach.
Bleach will make it worse.

Interesting vitamin c tablet
I know she takes berocca tablets is that the same thing. Are we talking the effervescent type? Is it that that helps ?? How odd but interesting [emoji3]

Haha she looks so angry like it was your fault! I haven’t had black but used their blue and it was totally gone after a month, with the residual
green tinge for maybe 2-3 months max.

However, I really don’t think it looks that bad. It could be way, way, way worse.

If she’s desperate maybe a colour remover.

But aspirin? Someone has been on pinterest. Probably where she found this black = grey idea. They even sell a pasteliser I think..that might be manic panic... but they definitely sell grey :D

Haha she looks so angry like it was your fault! I haven’t had black but used their blue and it was totally gone after a month, with the residual
green tinge for maybe 2-3 months max.

However, I really don’t think it looks that bad. It could be way, way, way worse.

If she’s desperate maybe a colour remover.

But aspirin? Someone has been on pinterest. Probably where she found this black = grey idea. They even sell a pasteliser I think..that might be manic panic... but they definitely sell grey :D

I said the same [emoji3] smile it will look much better[emoji23]
And you’re right I didn’t think it was that bad either.
I think there are a lot of ladies that have had enough and are starting to try things in a panic
My worry is if there is some of that colour left when i eventually get to do it what’s it going to do to the colour I put on, my colour knowledge isn’t what it used to be I’m afraid [emoji46]

I honestly don't think it's that bad, but I think I'd maybe advise her that try a deep cleansing shampoo, or something like malibu c makeover which is great for situations like this, it will also remove any nasty deposits. Providing she doesn't put any other rubbish on her hair it shouldn't create a problem for you when re colouring then.
I'm assuming she diluted the black with something expecting grey/ silver?

I honestly don't think it's that bad, but I think I'd maybe advise her that try a deep cleansing shampoo, or something like malibu c makeover which is great for situations like this, it will also remove any nasty deposits. Providing she doesn't put any other rubbish on her hair it shouldn't create a problem for you when re colouring then.
I'm assuming she diluted the black with something expecting grey/ silver?

Malibu c what is that and how does it work is it bleach based ? I’ve never heard of it.
would she be ok to do it herself. And where could she get it. I don’t think she diluted it just neat crazy colour [emoji849] honestly ! What a numpty

Malibu c what is that and how does it work is it bleach based ? I’ve never heard of it.
would she be ok to do it herself. And where could she get it. I don’t think she diluted it just neat crazy colour [emoji849] honestly ! What a numpty
Malibu C is a californian brand of natural hair care, its formulated with an array of vitamins and minerals, no nasty, harsh chemicals. Definitely no bleach.
They have a complete range of products, for multiple uses. The makeover duo is amazing. A two part system that is actually sold on ebay, consist of a deep cleanser that had to be mixed with water and applied to the hair and kept at a certs in temperature, buffs the surface of the hair, removing surface colourants, mineral deposits, silicones, metalic salts and other common barriers on the hair. The seconds step is miracle repair, which restores moisture, shine, strength and elasticy to the hair afterwards. Again completely natural and smalls amazing.

Malibu C is a californian brand of natural hair care, its formulated with an array of vitamins and minerals, no nasty, harsh chemicals. Definitely no bleach.
They have a complete range of products, for multiple uses. The makeover duo is amazing. A two part system that is actually sold on ebay, consist of a deep cleanser that had to be mixed with water and applied to the hair and kept at a certs in temperature, buffs the surface of the hair, removing surface colourants, mineral deposits, silicones, metalic salts and other common barriers on the hair. The seconds step is miracle repair, which restores moisture, shine, strength and elasticy to the hair afterwards. Again completely natural and smalls amazing.

Oh ok I will tell her to give it a try. Does it only work on direct dyes or would it work on permanent? I know it shouldn’t if it’s only works on the surface but thought I would ask. Definitely going to add some to my stock cupboard for when we all start back to work as I don’t think she will be the only person to have messed up her colour during lockdown [emoji849]

@ronray is correct (he knows his stuff!) Malibu C sells a great range of products. They have special removers formulated for direct dye semi‘s.

If you go down this route, I’d be inclined to buy it myself and sell it on at a profit. Otherwise, you’re effectively offering your professional services for a colour correction for free. That’s why I suggested the vitamin C trick in the short term.

Oh ok I will tell her to give it a try. Does it only work on direct dyes or would it work on permanent? I know it shouldn’t if it’s only works on the surface but thought I would ask. Definitely going to add some to my stock cupboard for when we all start back to work as I don’t think she will be the only person to have messed up her colour during lockdown [emoji849]
It's known to distort tone. So if you had a client who was a level 6 copper, but wanted a more neutral level 6, you can use some of the malibu c range to remove excess tone and then recolour afterwards.
@AcidPerm is totally right about selling it to the client, this is usually my first steps to colour correction, so definitely charge accordingly for it.
I've not tried the crushed tablets, but I have heard good things, so maybe that's a better solution for now :)

@ronray is correct (he knows his stuff!) Malibu C sells a great range of products. They have special removers formulated for direct dye semi‘s.

If you go down this route, I’d be inclined to buy it myself and sell it on at a profit. Otherwise, you’re effectively offering your professional services for a colour correction for free. That’s why I suggested the vitamin C trick in the short term.

Ok I will tell her to try the vitamin c trick and keep the other magic for myself [emoji6] is it just bog standard vit c tablets ? I’ve got some from Holland and Barrett that are beige in colour and quite grainy will they work ? I did mention it to her yesterday and she said she’s got the effervescent type, can imagine that might get a bit messy [emoji23]

It's known to distort tone. So if you had a client who was a level 6 copper, but wanted a more neutral level 6, you can use some of the malibu c range to remove excess tone and then recolour afterwards.
@AcidPerm is totally right about selling it to the client, this is usually my first steps to colour correction, so definitely charge accordingly for it.
I've not tried the crushed tablets, but I have heard good things, so maybe that's a better solution for now :)

Ok thanks you really know your stuff [emoji1360] so I’ve ordered some of this
bc69d004150947a50cb0b3dcdd2dea18.jpg

Which came this morning I will save this for the permanent colour mess ups.
I will get some Malibu c ordered as well. Thanks for your help

Me again [emoji4] just looking at the Malibu c range there’s quite a few to pick from am I right in saying I would go for the hard water one for lifting direct dyes and have you used any of the others you would recommend I might order a few.
Oh where is the best place to get them I’ve noticed a few people on amazon saying how good the product was but very expensive on there. [emoji4]

No the hard water cleanse is for mineral deposits due to harsh water. You'd need to use either the DDL, crystal gel, quick fix colour correction or colour prepare for this client.
I always had mine from Aston +fincher, but they've now discontinued the range, I bought most of the stock they had at our local branch. They can be found on ebay, there is a UK retailer but for the life of me, I cannot remember what they're called.
If I remember I'll let you know. But it would be worth messaging them to find out if there's other UK stockists. They respond quite quickly through their Instagram page.

Yes, the High strength effervescent type tablets work well. let it dissolve in a small amount of water, then mix in shampoo and apply. Leave for at least 30 mins, agitating it occasionally.
It will be VERY drying so she’ll need to use a good moisturising conditioner/mask afterwards.

Latest posts

Back