Home hair salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zinatrix

Reaction score
Hi all, I currently rent a chair in a salon part time but I’m thinking of doing it at home too. Does anyone have opinions on this ie. pros and cons also Covid-19 restrictions/guidelines, insurance etc...
Thank you in advance for any reply’s 😀

Hello,

I have a home salon and I'm very happy with how easy it was to adapt to Covid-19 restrictions.

However, my clients don't enter my house. My salon is a converted garage and has it's own loo (and washing machine is in there too).

I insure through Salon Gold (public liability) and house insurance.

Pros- I set my own timetable and control the environment - I clean super well between clients and open all windows and doors. I have enough of a gap between clients so that they only ever see me and I have time to clean.

Cons- working on your own takes a lot of self-discipline and motivation, also you need to stay current on your own steam, or join the freelance Federation for educational events, etc.

My business has torn by just over 30% since reopening after lockdown, because people feel safer than going into a busy salon.

Hope that helps!
IMG_2045v2.jpg

Hello,

I have a home salon and I'm very happy with how easy it was to adapt to Covid-19 restrictions.

However, my clients don't enter my house. My salon is a converted garage and has it's own loo (and washing machine is in there too).

Pros- I set my own timetable and control the environment - I clean super well between clients and open all windows and doors. I have enough of a gap between clients so that they only ever see me and I have time to clean.

Cons- working on your own takes a lot of self-discipline and motivation, also you need to stay current on your own steam, or join the freelance Federation for educational events, etc.

My business has torn by just over 30% since reopening after lockdown, because people feel safer than going into a busy salon.

Hope that helps!View attachment 211008

Your Salon looks beautiful, I also have my own wee salon similar to yours which I put in a few years ago originally to do clients from home but decided to rent a chair instead. My clients would need to come in to my home so I’m unsure how I feel about that. I have the same insurance too. I was reading up on music licence so would need that. Thank you for your reply it’s much appreciated. x

Hello,

Hope that helps!View attachment 211008
Looks gorgeous- I want to work in your garage!!

Latest posts

Back