Home insurance when working from home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelrebel

Reaction score
I’ve just tried to renew my contents insurance but because I’ve started working from home they won’t insure me, I’ve rung another company up and they won’t either.
I was just wondering who does insure your house and contents if you work from home.
If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
Regards
Ruth

I use Esure, they were very helpful. when I rang up to inform them that I would be using a room in my house as a treatment room, my policy did not increase. They said that since the property would be occupied during the day it is actually safer. I do recall a client limit per week (think it was about 20 or 25?). The only change to my policy is that in the event of a claim I would have to prove forced entry. I've just had my renewal come through and it's virtually the same price as last year. Hope this helps.

Thank you both, we renewed yesterday with AXA before I saw these replies, it has nearly doubled what it was [emoji848]

Thank you both, we renewed yesterday with AXA before I saw these replies, it has nearly doubled what it was [emoji848]

There will be a 14 day cooling off period, they have to provide this by law, so you can still cancel during that time and would be entitled to a refund of any premium paid, providing there have not been any claims or incidents likely to result in a claim.

I work from home and have a lodger.... the only people I can find to ensure me ( buildings and contents ) is home protect.

just thought I'd update my earlier post in case anyone looks at this thread.

October 2018: Midas will not renew my policy this year (not for any reason on my part) so i have spent an entire afternoon trying to hunt down house & contents insurance that allows home based working. So hard and so many companies declining the business!!
In the end I have gone with Home Protect (but it's still more than I paid last year!)

Ps
Liverpool Victoria declined me because I have oil central heating!! - so random, never had that before!!

Latest posts

Back