Home learn course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkie 0001

Reaction score
I WAS THINKING ABOUT DOING AN ESSENTIAL NAILS HOME LEARNING COURSE JUST WONDERED WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF THE COURSES?ARE THEY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY?
CHEERS JULIE:idea:

Hi - I done a home study course, when I had finished and lots of money later the certificate was not worth the paper it was written on, it wasnt essential nails though. So I done a course with a training school and I found training with other people was better than at home and now I can get insurance!! Good Luck x

Home learning courses are OK as an introduction to nails but, in my opinion, you would be spending your money on a training course with one of the big names like Creative, Ezflow, NSI etc.

If you do a search on Training you will find lots of information to help you. HTH

Hi ive done the essentail nails gel course and maintenance course and passed both and YES YOU CAN GET INSURANCE!! Its what works for you really hun for me it was easy as it fitted round my lifestyle do a search there are so many post about EN good and bad!!:p

I did essentail nails acrylics and was very happy with the support and trainning given I passed with a credit and have just purchased the maintenance course I have insurance too and liked the fact that I could pratice at home in my own time without the need to have a model. Also you can listen to the dvd over and over and practice again and again after your first card is marked you will also know what to concerntrate on improving if you have the time and the money then I'd go with creative I would love to have done their course but essentials was a good course and when I can afford it I would love to do the creative conversion course :mad:)

Hi i am doing the essential nails course at the moment in acrylic (l&p) i also like the fact can fit it in around family cos hubby away a bit (he in RAF) and with 2 children i find it easier. Hope this helps.

Good luck with what you decide to go for and this site is a great help.

Jo :Love:

Hi, im thinking about doing the Essential Nails Acrylic course, i did another course that was rubbish, how r you getting on with this one?? P.s im a mum and a hotelier but wanted to do this for sooooo long. xx

hi, i did the Carlton Institute course, and it was good but only gave you an insight as it was only 2 days as i had done mani and pedi somewhere else. I came away and could get insurance, but now with practise and going to do a conversion acrylic course with Entity, am i finding my confidence and i would suggest to anyone get a nail trainer. I cannot practise on my friends as we all work at the hospital ( no exts) so i could do them but had to buff or soak off after ( pain), now i get out my trainer anytime i feel like it x
I think i would have preferred to do essential nails to be honest x

Hi, im thinking about doing the Essential Nails Acrylic course, i did another course that was rubbish, how r you getting on with this one?? P.s im a mum and a hotelier but wanted to do this for sooooo long. xx

Yeah not to bad, my only problem is its takeing me a bit longer.(But no time limit on course)
I want to take my time and get good at each part. They going to be doing some new course - mani & ped and a new nail art course all commin out over xmas and in the new year:). I would recommend the course but you have to be determined you want to do it. If you need any other info or just a chat just pm me.

hth

ive done essential nails course i highly recommend it, you get everything you need and i found the course alot better than college but thats just my opinion, you also get your certificate so you can get your insurance.

Hi another recommendation for EN courses here, I am doing my acrylic sculpt t the moment, which is my third course with them, the other two I passed with a credit. The backup you get is really good.
The one thing I will say tho is that you do have to have commitment to do the course, as your working from home its very easy to just put it away if you get stuck on anything, as there is no one there pushing you on.
If you need any help or more info please feel free to pm me anytime hun, good luck in whatever you decide to do x

I am sure you have had time to have a read through various threads with the pro's and con's regarding Essential Nails. The best advice I can give you is think carefully about your future courses. I have seen a few posts in the past from people on the EN courses saying they will convert to CND in the future but please bare in mind that you will have to do the full foundation course as you cannot convert from an EN course. HTH just trying to save you money. If you can I would recommend that you go with CND or EzFlow TBH but that is after all just my opinion. Make sure you have fully researched first, I didn't and wasted quite a bit of cash.

I'm currently doing the acrylic Essential Nails Course. The course suits me because I can do it at my own pace, which is slow right now as I have a wedding to plan too!
With all courses there are pros and cons its what suits you the best! Feel free to ask any questions to the girls on the courses. They have been a massive support to me :)

I too am struggling with this decision, i have been researching for a couple of weeks now on which course i should do.
My origional plan was a home learn as i have 3 little-ones to take care of and hubbies job comes first, so i'm not able to travel at the moment.
Then i found a salon quite locally which seamed to offer the ideal solution - Local, individual courses or foundation course, the right qualification etc. I am currently waiting for their prospectus. But in another thread i got the impression that those in the know, were maybe sending out warning vibes on the whole salon based course (although prob just me being paranoid).
I know Creative is highly reccommended here but as they were my first point of contact and had nothing in my area i'm afraid at this point they are not for me (maybe in the future).
But i want to get started now.
Another point of view here seams to be product company courses but i think this leaves me with the same problem as with Creative. So i am now well and truely confused.
And still stuck between home learn or salon. I can totally forsee the problems with home learn, not having a tutor right there to help you see where you may be going wrong, but at least you have the time to practice amd perfect.
My main isssue is the qualification you gain at the end and if they are recognised widely within the industry.
Sorry to nab your thread but i imagine these are the issues felt by many newbies just starting out.
Rant over :confused:

Latest posts

Back