Home made scrubs etc...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monikinha

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to know if any of you make your own scrubs or masks.

Was thinking of trying one out, until I buy some decent professional products from salon.

Apart from the smell (using olive oil) is there any reason you would not recommend these?

Thanks

PS can anyone recommend a good face scrub from boots or somewhere that won't hurt my pocket too much

Hi, are you after products for yourself or to use on clients?

hi...i'm into using a pumpkin mask for the fall/winter season...i have to mix it up myself with ingredients found in my cupboard...i see no harm using products you make yourself

Honey or brown sugar (soft and some raw) takes some of the olive oil smell away... I make alot of my own stuff as I cannot use alot of chemical mass produced products.. I am also anti Parabens, and its hard to get away from them unless u make all your own stuff.

Hi girls! I am doing the same thing. I found some really great ideas in this month's "Nails" magazine. Check it out online at Nails Magazine - Current Issue, then click on "From our Kitchen to Yours". I'm going to make a similar version of the "Autumn Apple Pie Scrub" and the "Honey Oatmeal Scrub". Good Luck to you, too!

wow thanks for the link! what great ideas for mani pedi's!

great link! bookmarked and about to be trialed!
:hug:

great link! bookmarked and about to be trialed!
:hug:

I noticed the trial at the bottom of the page also.. filled it in.. I wonder if it will arrive? will be interesting to see, these mags cannot be brought in stores here and they wont stock them either (not enough call for them)

I noticed the trial at the bottom of the page also.. filled it in.. I wonder if it will arrive? will be interesting to see, these mags cannot be brought in stores here and they wont stock them either (not enough call for them)

yea well the free encyclopedia will come in handy!! i downloaded it to my desktop so its at my fingertips if i need it!! I cant get any good nail mags here either.. so as i didnt have to put in any card details i gave it a go.. we will see!:green:

HI, I subscribed the other week, looking forward to reading the magazine.

Those scrubs look good enough to eat.

If you made these scrubs, how would you go about retailing them to your clients, and what would you charge?

thanks

If you made these scrubs, how would you go about retailing them to your clients, and what would you charge?

thanks

you would have to look into packaging.. branding and then cover your costs and profit.. something worth looking into i spose! good luck if you do!:green:

i would use them as an add on and charge $5 for each add on

Latest posts

Back