home/mobile therapist how much u earn a month

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p_hoarau

Reaction score
hi, geeks

i was just thinking, how much u earn in a month, if i may ask? is it worth to work at home or going mobile which is best, or better working for someone else.:rolleyes:

any advice would be nice of u all.

thanks
Presh

blimey! what a question.
its like asking how much is a piece of string!!!:eek:

blimey! what a question.
its like asking how much is a piece of string!!!:eek:

OR HOW LONG!:green:

I spose it depends how hard you want to work!:green:

Do you want to work 6 days a week, 9am - 9pm some days etc etc or do you want to just chug along nice and steady?

Do you have the faciilites to work from home - this is obvioulsy better becuase your not using petrol/your car and wasting time travelling!

Have you got a decent client base? are nails popular in your area? is there much competition etc etc

Depends !

Are you working at the moment and thinking of giving it up? *** i cant see from your profile any chance you can fill i in? thanks ***

i was thinking to open a home salon soon but need advice if its worth to open one.coz some home salon they dont get client everyday or every hour like in a proper salon do, so was just wondering.

so sorry for asking this question geeks.

i was thinking to open a home salon soon but need advice if its worth to open one.coz some home salon they dont get client everyday or every hour like in a proper salon do, so was just wondering.

so sorry for asking this question geeks.

But like Amber said, it all depends! Home salons don't get walk-ins off the street, but there's no reason why they can't be fully booked with regular clients.....

I'm mobile and have the capacity to do between 20 and 25 clients per week - at the moment I's working at about 75% of capacity..... So most weeks I do have a few spare appointments but some weeks I am fully booked...... 90% of my client base is regulars who re-book before I leave.....

I know that compared to a busy high street salon I don't have many clients, but I work the hours that suit my situation (school hours and up to 4 evenings each week), and I know that as my kids get older my working hours will change..... At fully booked I earn decent money!

Home salons are as 'proper' to me as high street ones as long as they have a professional set up and comprehensive training :wink2:!

I can't put on here how much I earn as a) don't know without looking and catching up with my books and b) I don't want to divulge that only as it is personal so please don't be offended lol.

But also it's hard to say, this week I have no clients booked in, last week I was v.busy

Can't say as I don't know from one day to the next what I will earn in a week. It changes all the time !

maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here but maybe another way of looking at this is to:

A) What it will cost you per set, product, time, elec, advertising, tax, blah blah
B) How many sets you could do... have you got time to do 6 sets or 2 a day
C) What you are gonna charge for infills as they are what's your bread and butter.

Take the total of set you think you can do a week, take off your costs and hey presto this is what your aiming to earn. Thats the easy bit its getting the clients thats the problem....

Ok guru geeksters what have I missed :)

The best thing about working from home and mobile is you set the hours i started one day a week and filled that day each week. It wasn't that hard because my nail clients came every two weeks for infills. Then slowley build the days up i just do 3 days a week as i have kids and this is all i can manage untill they go to school. Start with good prices to pull them in like special offers and try book them in for next appointment before they leave you wont earn good money untill you build your clients. I know some one who works in for a salon she has to give the half her takings.

what other people earn has ZERO relation to what you could earn. They will be in different areas with different skills working different hours. so how would you be able to tell anything from knowing how much each of us earns?!

not bein funny but its honestly a bit of a silly question.

if you want to find out your potential earnings work out the hours you can do, how much you can fit into those hours, and do the maths. perhaps just work it out to 50% capacity as an average.

maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here but maybe another way of looking at this is to:

A) What it will cost you per set, product, time, elec, advertising, tax, blah blah
B) How many sets you could do... have you got time to do 6 sets or 2 a day
C) What you are gonna charge for infills as they are what's your bread and butter.

Take the total of set you think you can do a week, take off your costs and hey presto this is what your aiming to earn. Thats the easy bit its getting the clients thats the problem....

Ok guru geeksters what have I missed :)

I agree, you need to do the sums first, most of the time sums do not add up ie spending more on your business than you are making. You could have time to do 6 Maintenance but you might have only 3 booked in. How do you pay your living expenses! Maybe a part time job would suit allowing you to concentrate on nails the rest of the time. Your question is very difficult to answer as every personal situation is different. Your financial situation is exclusive to you. Good luck.

I wish I could give u a figure but I can't :|

When I was mobile I earnt nothing, literally everything I earnt just went on paying off stock id already bought.

Now I rent a room I earn more but still spending a lot need to get that down asap ! There always seems to be something I need.

If you are just starting your mobile business don’t expect to earn much. I found it so hard at the begining.Couldnt afford to give up my full time job but also wanted to build lots of clients. Just now, after one year I can work part time and the rest of the time do beauty and nails.
x

Adding on to this- if you advertise properly and get a good customer base, you could do some from home and new clients mobile. Some people want to escape their own homes and have a break which is ideal if you want people to come to you.

I've done both and I must say I prefer mobile as you don't have to go around cleaning up etc, having clients knocking on your day early when you aren't ready etc etc.

Adding on to this- if you advertise properly and get a good customer base, you could do some from home and new clients mobile. Some people want to escape their own homes and have a break which is ideal if you want people to come to you.

I've done both and I must say I prefer mobile as you don't have to go around cleaning up etc, having clients knocking on your day early when you aren't ready etc etc.
Hi Tinkywinky

What sort of advertising do you do?

I have sent a small fortune last year and only got 2 clients from it. this year I am not going to spend out on it.

Just wanted to know what sort of advert you do really.

I have only been doing it for a year and would love more clients. Thinking of asking in hairdresser for a slot but don't really want to give money away as I do it from home in my conservatory.

Thanks

Between nothing and 4,000+ mobile

hi, geeks

i was just thinking, how much u earn in a month, if i may ask? is it worth to work at home or going mobile which is best, or better working for someone else.:rolleyes:

any advice would be nice of u all.

thanks
Presh

there are many factors that can affect how much you earn like how many clients you have, how much you charge, what treatments you offer, what hours you work and the list can go on!

whether to be mobile or home based really depends on your situation

Latest posts

Back