Home nail room - my name or salon name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuzzyBee12

Reaction score
I'm in the process of starting from home, just offering gel polish. I have a room set up and coated nicely (one half is still an office with a desk).

Last year I need it, started a website, etc. now I'm worried naming it just sounds like a salon and I should be going with my full name, Natural Nail Technician as the logo. Does that make me vulnerable though having my name out there?

Argh I feel like I'm back to square one!

I work from home but have a salon sounding name. It works for me. X

I would just have a business name and a tag line home salon.

I'm Mobile so I am:
Glamour Puss, treatments in the comfort of your home.
Glamour Puss.jpg

So with my business name as a home salon it would be:

Glamour Puss, Home Salon.

Well I did have a name and then nail lounge after it. But I'm just not sure so I'm thinking my name with nail technician after it now. I am so rubbish at making decisions!!!

Thank you for the advice [emoji4]

How about a salon name with the tag line home based nail technician?

I agree with baggybear and flawless .....I think the nail lounge is a good name for a home based salon so why not have something like that with a tag line under it i.e.....
The Nail Lounge
Home based nail technician
X

Well it was like Gloss Nail Lounge but I thought it sounded a bit too much like a funky nail bar, not a room in my house haha. Then people would come and be disappointed! Whereas with my name it's a bit more obvious?

Aww that's nice but you're right, it does sound very slick!

As long as you write somewhere on your advertising that it's a home based salon I don't think it matters what you call it its all down to personal choice X

Aww that's nice but you're right, it does sound very slick!
Maybe I'll save it for the future and go by my actual name haha. I'm rubbish at making decisions and I just want to get advertising and set up a website, Facebook etc.

Thanks [emoji2]

I wouldn't use my name as a business name personally, especially if you think in the future you may want to expand and have a salon or employ people.
My main reason for saying choose a business name is because if you do expand you can take everything to that new salon and continue to be found by the clients because your not setting up a new business with a new name, your just expanding and moving your existing business. Changing your name would mean having a new logo, a new website, all new printed materials (price lists, aftercare leaflets, business cards etc..) and those clients that knew you may not find you or realise that it is you in the new salon in town.

Surely people will see the address and then know it's in a house, so wouldn't be disappointed?

Anyway. Why would anyone be disappointed because you haven't got a 'slick' salon?

Latest posts

Back