Home Nail Technician courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibizasun

Dorota Palicka International Nail Artist & Educato
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Don't want to make upset anyone but I just wonder how home studing courses for nail technician can be good?? What make you to choose them?/ How Educator can explain to you the way to hold your brush, corect your mistakes itp. It is almost selflearning.

That's what I think too, so will be interested to hear more about them...

Hi I did my training with essensal nails 7yrs ago , I personal feel it teaches u the basics and then its the case of going away and practising and talking to other nail techs seeing at the do/use and finding wt works for u.to me its the same as these day courses can do they teach u wt u need to know but I do think that knowing wt I know now I would of done a course with a trainer as I would of not had to pick up tips and tricks from other nail techs there would of been a trainer to of ask or to show u other ways of doing things.xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

That's what I think too, so will be interested to hear more about them...

I just spent some time reading a questions on forum and do feel really sorry to some of girls, as they are left on ther own with all hard questions on begining of there Nail Technician Carier....:evil:

I also 'trained' through essential nails. I dont regret it as such. At the time, it was as much as i could do and if i had waited, i'm convinced i would have wimped out and never done it. I didnt know what was a good course and what wasnt.

It is a painful way to learn. It teaches you the bare minimum and you end u making so many mistakes and battling through things for weeks that could have been solved in days with the help of and experienced eye.

This site, and my eagerness to do the best i could, saved me from being a very very poorly informed technician. But there are so many very very poor educator lead courses out there, i could and probably would have ended up in with bad training in one of those. I just had no idea where to look for the good courses or if there was even a difference.

But if i could do it all again knowing what i know now, i would. I dont dislike home courses, they give many girls the step into nails that they may not of had without them, but some never know or choose to look beyond that first step

I did a good course with a trainer and I did a bad course with a trainer. But even the good course the trainer couldn't answer my awkward questions. Nothing really beats practice, passion, and the determination. After 8 years of doing nails now I still have stuff to learn, never get bored. Be nice to have a level 3 nvq, but I just wonder is it really necessary ??? It's just a piece of paper:?::?:

NOTHING beats a good course (over time) with a good trainer! A good trainer that can't answer awkward questions isn't a 'good' trainer!

A course that doesn't help you hold a brush and put bad practices right by observing isn't doing you any favours as they will become second nature and hard to change.

More is learnt by making the mistakes and that needs a practical teaching situation.

Home learn is a start for those that can't manage anything else but is ISN'T enough!

There are some VERY good courses to be had but it takes investment both in cash and TIME!

Hi I did my training with essensal nails 7yrs ago , I personal feel it teaches u the basics and then its the case of going away and practising and talking to other nail techs seeing at the do/use and finding wt works for u.to me its the same as these day courses can do they teach u wt u need to know but I do think that knowing wt I know now I would of done a course with a trainer as I would of not had to pick up tips and tricks from other nail techs there would of been a trainer to of ask or to show u other ways of doing things.xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

I absolutely agree, Essential Nails all the way. The day nail courses are exactly that, 1 day, they cant possibly go into depth about all of the nail/skin diseases that you learn about or about all of the Health & Safety around every product that you use. You use the disc that you are supplied with over and over again, so that you do not have a specific amount of time to cram everything into. They show you how to correctly hold your clients fingers, how to accurately file the nail and at which hold and angle. Apparently (and dont shoot me), it takes around 72 hours to become properly qualified, and even after qualifying, a further 70-100 sets ontop of this so that any possible teething problem is correctly mastered? . . . I don't know anything other than Essential Nails sorry x x x

Latest posts

Back