Home salon, answering the door?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyK

Reaction score
Someone else's post on receptionist made me think of this. I am just in the middle of setting up my home salon so have obviously never had a client but what do those of you who already have home salons do about clients arriving at your house. As in if your with a client and your next one turns up a bit early do you leave the clients treatment to answer the door or do you book clients far enough apart so this cant happen? Just seems a but rude and unproffessional to leave the treatment

It can be quite tricky to be honest. I used to allow plenty time inbetween, but I also used to do a thing where if the curtains were closed then to wait in the car as it meant i had a client in and mainly I was doing tanning lol. It is definitely something i found tricky though.
I know work from an outbuilding so they can come in themselves and I have a wee waiting area xx

Someone else's post on receptionist made me think of this. I am just in the middle of setting up my home salon so have obviously never had a client but what do those of you who already have home salons do about clients arriving at your house. As in if your with a client and your next one turns up a bit early do you leave the clients treatment to answer the door or do you book clients far enough apart so this cant happen? Just seems a but rude and unproffessional to leave the treatment

I always leave 30 mins between each client. I know that this would never go down well in a salon or spa but it gives my client time to get dressed, have a glass of water (if a relaxing treatment) and book in for the next month! I leave slightly less time for quick treatments such a brow shapes and lash tints etc....

It also means I have plenty of time to change my blankets and get the salon looking clean and tidy for the next client.

I've been going for around 8 months now and have NEVER had a problem with clients over-lapping. As you quite rightly say, you can't leave a client during a treatment to open the door!

Another suggestion would be to devise a small sign to hang your on your front door when you are treating clients that basically says, if this sign is up then I am with a client and will be with you as soon as possible.

HTH
PB
x

Hi,

We always give ourselves a 10 minute extra gap between clients. This is solely to prevent the problem you stated. It allows for a customer arriving early and/or a treatment over running, & If all goes to plan then you have 10 minutes for a quick cuppa! :)

Thanks for the replies, its something I hadn't even considered and don't think it will be too much of a problem at the beginning but always good to start as you mean to go on!

I leave a gap between clients but if the door bell goes I leave them (unless I'm in the middle of a facial) and answer it. They are usually ok about it as they wouldn't like to be left standing outside if it was them.

I also leave 30 minutes between clients except for the quick treatments. In 16 years i've never had a problem with overlap. I know I can't see as many clients but I wouldn't want to leave a client whilst letting someone in and, also, my home insurance is only valid if I have one client at a time and no overlap.

I try to leave 10 mins between clients but some do come early so I answer the door and get the client to wait in my little hall on a chair whilst I finish the other client

I also work from home and I have my clients arriving one after the other so I have a standard text that I send out to them all on the morning on their appointment asking them to confirm that they will be there and the text asks them to arrive exactly at the agreed time as there will be clients before and after them. This system works really well for me and I have enough time to turn around the room between clients.

With my new clients, on their first appointment, I always have the conversation with them about me allowing enough time between appointments that they should never overlap.

I let them know that when I'm with clients, my phone is on silent, my door bell is switched off so should they arrive early I may not answer the door so to wait in the car, if I am free I will see them arrive.

I also have a 4 car wide drive and I say that if there is a car in the first spot then that will be a client.

H x

Latest posts

Back