Home salon/nail art prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breda

Reaction score
How do people decide their home salon prices? I am a 3 minute drive from town centre and charge
Gel Polish €20 (€25 in town)
Extensions €40 (€50|55 in town)
I was also considering changing charging
Gel Polish €15....Removal + Reapplication €20
I am also trying to figure out charging nail art.

I decided my prices as i thought people expect to pay less in a home salon but my friends have mixed opinions and now I’m confused. I also don’t want to undervalue the industry so

I calculate them based on my hourly rate and expenses. I'm not bothered what others charge, I know what I expect to earn, I know my worth and charge it. If clients want cheap nails they can go elsewhere and get them. I do quality work and I want quality clients who appreciate that and are prepared to pay for it.

Gucci don't care how much the local knock off shop sells a handbag for....they know they will sell their goods at the price they want....be more Gucci!! :p

I calculate them based on my hourly rate and expenses. I'm not bothered what others charge, I know what I expect to earn, I know my worth and charge it. If clients want cheap nails they can go elsewhere and get them. I do quality work and I want quality clients who appreciate that and are prepared to pay for it.

Gucci don't care how much the local knock off shop sells a handbag for....they know they will sell their goods at the price they want....be more Gucci!! :p
Haha I love it, thanks for the tip , I will definitely try to be more Gucci

Exactly the same as Trinity.

The only way to be in business and stay in business is to know exactly what it costs you to perform that service.

That includes all products (down to the cotton pads) and refreshments, insurance, your wage and profits to reinvest, for example in training/pay yourself a bonus.

If you base your prices on someone else, then the problem is that you'll end up making less than minimum wage.

Exactly the same as Trinity.

The only way to be in business and stay in business is to know exactly what it costs you to perform that service.

That includes all products (down to the cotton pads) and refreshments, insurance, your wage and profits to reinvest, for example in training/pay yourself a bonus.

If you base your prices on someone else, then the problem is that you'll end up making less than minimum wage.
Thank you, I guess it’s time to really sit down and crunch numbers

Thank you, I guess it’s time to really sit down and crunch numbers
It's not the most fun thing about being self employed, but it's very eye-opening :)

Latest posts

Back