home salon or not

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgie127

Reaction score
hi geeks,
I need some advice! At the moment I use a corner of my kitchen for nail treatments the space is large enough for what I do but I am in the process of getting my advertisement ready and I don't know if I can class this as a home salon or what I should write on the ad. Can someone give me some advice please.

ps. you guys are great

hiya , congrats on the new business, maybe u could call it a treatment area hun . or nail station . something along those lines then when they call to make the apointment u can say where it is , im sure this wont put people off . not if u do a great job! im hopefully gonna be starting up next year part time !!!!! its sooo exciting hey!

hi, why not just call yourself an 'at home nail tech' or advertise yourself as 'nails by........' and give details when the client phones xx

I used to call myself a nail technician and have a home salon...

Now

I am a Nail Stylist and i have an in-house treatment room.. (right posh)

get em in.. make em comfy and practise first grade health and safety and you will be fine.. before i re-decorated i was working out of what was once the kids playroom.. fairies on the walls and texta/pencil marks.. getting them in was the important part.. how i acted when i had them in was what clinched it.. make sure the kettle is hot!:green:

I used to call myself a nail technician and have a home salon...

Now

I am a Nail Stylist and i have an in-house treatment room.. (right posh)
Love it.

thanks for your advice guys
I like the idea of "@home nail tech" thats great

yes it is quite exciting as I am working part time in a salon to gain experience but would prefer to be home doing what I love!Its also a bit scary going it alone.

there is a nail tech near where i live and she works from home, i believe she started off with just a nail table under the stairs.
then she moved and has a seperate room to do treatments, she has been
around for about 5 years. she also has an A board outside her house advertising her treatments.
i'm sure you will do fine. x

Crikey, would you be allowed an A board outside a residential house then?

lol you could always place it on your front lawn!!! thats your business, orput it on the pavement till your told other wise....he he!!:green:

If your going to place anything on your lawn or outside your ho
me advertising what you do then check with your local council that you don't need planning permission for change of use. Also check with your mortgage company (unless you lucky enough to not have one!) as they will sometimes have stipulations regarding use of the premises for business. My salon is at the bottom of my garden in a detached building but the mortgage company say's it's ok but I can't advertise the address (something to do with additional risk of theft etc.)

Good luck with everything!

Latest posts

Back