Home salon pricing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeCePopp

Reaction score
I'm currently still in the practicing stage after my gel extension training.

I just wondered what people charge for their services at a home salon or mobile based.
The course tutor touched upon pricing but more for salon based.

Things like
Gel extensions
Gel extensions with gel polish
Gel polish alone
Manicure with polish
Removal
Removal with a new set etc

Any guidance greatly appreciated x

The price can vary between different regions, and also the NT's experience and qualifications. Best to make a survey of the local competition yourself and see where you can fit in.

Start by knowing what your competitors are charging and what they are offering. Is your product more or less prestigious/popular/unique than theirs? That would affect your pricing up or down.

Then sit down with a calculator and work out how much it actually costs you in products and consumables for each service you plan to offer and then consider how long it takes you to do it, so you know your base line.

Finally decide your desired hourly rate. If you are new you might set this quite low until you build your speed and technique.

Cost plus hourly rate will give you your price which you can then compare to what your competitors are charging. With a bit of tweaking you will have a workable price and know how much you are making IF you meet your timings.

Latest posts

Back