home salon .... worth it ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
REALLY???

I didn't know this! I'm kind of new to the whole childcare game - my son is almost 3, and I've been working evenings and weekends mostly to get my mobile business going. I want to start some salon work or longer jobs, so my son would be in childcare for 1 - 2 days a week, but was afraid it would cost too much.

Where can I get more info about this little loophole? I'd love to find a way to book him in for Thursday/Fridays - I'd be able to do so much more work if I had some decent blocks of time to do it in!!

check out this site for all the details on tax credits

www.taxcredits.direct.gov.uk

I work from home.

While it's been a struggle to get my name out and 3yrs of hard work, my name is NOW out there... and I'm getting referrals all the time.
I busted my hump, and had many a grown or two, tears here and there..

But YES it IS worth it.

Now, I still have a couple of miles to go, to get to where I want to be.
And we need a bigger house so I can have a seperate room for business with a seperate entrance
BUT
I wouldn't have it any other way.

It's SO convenient in so many ways.
I can spend lunch with my daughter(s) or free time between clients doing chores.
If I'm working late one night, I can still kiss my girls good night - clients don't mind the 2min interuption and adore my lil cherubs (they often bring pressies for them too LOL)
No gas/maintenance to pay on my car for travel.
I can declare part of my mortgage/electricity/phone etc as business expenses and don't have to pay rent to someone else... etc....
and in the start up, didn't have to worry about making the rent since I'm home and paying the mortgage anyway. Know what I mean?

Yes, it's harder to be 'seen' and get your name known.. but I feel it's worthwhile.
It CAN be done.
MANY do it.

hi only skimmed over the thread but wanted to say, don't forget if your on your own or your partner doesnt earn thousands you might be entitled to 80% of your childcare costs paid for.

check out Start Calculation <--- sorry if im not allowed to post links, please moderators remove if nessecary.

good luck

whoops didnt realise how old the thread was. never mind xxx

Latest posts

Back