Home salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Telly

Reaction score
Hi.:?: if I set up a salon at home or in a converted shed in the garden do I still need to pay business rates? I am mobile at the moment and am getting a bit fed up with carrying stuff everywhere and would rather be in just one place as then I can get more clients in in 1 day. I only work the hours my children are in school.

Hi Telly you have to contact your local council on this question I have a home salon and I don't need to pay business rates your local council will advise you the best as what is required i ahd to get planning permisson

Brilliant, thats great news and info, thanks!

Hi,

I am interested in setting up from home as i am mobile at the moment, i am going to get a summerhouse or shed so its separate from the house. just wanted to know if anyone has one of these can anyone recommend a particular make or model? I offer gel nails, manicures and pedicures so dont need a huge space

thanks

Basically if the room you will be used will solely be for your home salon then you have to pay business rates and obtain change of use planning permissions. If you are going to be using a room that will also be used for other things then you don't have to. Each council does seem to be slightly different so you are better off getting their specific advice.

Latest posts

Back