Home salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauz012

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am looking for some advice really I am currently mobile doin nails and I have thought about setting up from home are home salons popular my only problem was tht I dnt no weather I would like people I dnt no coming into my house also I have a 3 year old girl has anyone found setting up from home with a child hard all advice would be gladly appreciated thanks everyone

I'm setting up a salon at home because I can't drive and I also have a 3 year old so don't want to go onto a salon just yet, I have a few concerns about strangers coming into my home but I am going to make sure that my other half is in the other room for all new clients so I feel a little more reassured, I will only have clients in while my daughter is at Plsyschool and during the holidays my hubby will take them out for the day while I work or we will offer to have their children round to play with mine while I give the treatment! I'm looking forward to it, working at home makes me feel a lot more secure than walking into a strangers house! X

I work from home and have an 8 month old baby. It's working very well. My beauty room is door stairs just off the hall so I don't take clients though my house. I don't do men, sometimes my other half is around to watch the little one or sometimes my sister will look after her, at the moment it's working. Lucky my little one isn't a screamer so clients very rarely gear her lol. It's brilliant to work from home with the little one good kuck

My salon will be the first room to the front door but if they need the loo they will have to go through living room and kitchen! So no more leaving the washing up till later ;-) x

My room is upstairs but they only get to walk through the hall way.

I am so much busier since I set up from home a year ago.

You said you were concerned about clients using your toilet - I have 2 boys (and a husband) and always worry about the state of my bathroom but in a year no one has ever asked to use it, so I wouldn't worry. Go for it!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Who looks after the baby / children whilst you have a client in your home salons?

Edit : sorry , just seen relatives do.

hi, just wanted to say that to offer to look after someone elses child in your home whilst they have a treatment you will need to be crb checked and have your house registered as if you were a childminder.....this is not just for the safety of the children but also for yourselves in case a child did have an accident.

i know you are just trying to be helpful to clients but you have to think of this as a business and cover yourself from all angles....too many ppl these days try to sue for all sorts of reasons

good luck though x

Hi I don't understand the last comment I mean I have a 3 year old not looking after other peoples children thanks everyone for the comments

You mentioned that their children could come round to play with your while their mother was having a treatment with u. X

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

You mentioned that their children could come round to play with your while their mother was having a treatment with u. X

So wouldn't their parent be watching them? Like if a friend brings a child round or you take a child with you the hairdressers etc....

I supppse if they are in the same room but a few children playing while you are.doing a treatment could be distracting. What if they are unrully and brake your childs toys.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Hi yh it was another lady who wrote about having there children over I wouldn't like to do that as a client comes to relax and not wonder where there kids are so do people think it is worth setting up or stayin mobile

Latest posts

Back