Home salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura h

Reaction score
Hi
Just got a couple of questions about home salons I wondered if anyone can help??
I have recently decided after having a baby to go back to work!! I only did mobile nails and beauty but have become fed up with doing mobile work and have done up a spare room upstairs as a home salon. My hubby is getting worried about insurance etc with having people in the house and I wondered what everyone who has home salons does. I have my proffesional beauty insurance but do I need something specific? Also is it ok to have my room upstairs? In the room there is no sink or toilet but I have 3 other bathrooms in the house. Would it be best to get them to use the bathroom downstairs by the front door or the upstairs main bathroom??? Do you also need to inform the council etc????
Sorry to ask so much but my hubby is getting stressed about it all and I can see his point

Thanks in advance
Laura

When I was looking into home salon stuff I asked our local council about working from home etc. I was told that as long as the clients didn't enter by a seperate entrance and that the room was still able to be used as part of the family home I would not have to pay business rates. However that my just be for our region so I would double check with your council.

As for house insurance I read on my insurance policy that any business being conducted from my home would not be covered under that policy so I assumed I would have to get other insurance. Once again check with your insurer.

Due to circumstances I decided to go mobile instead so i never had to follow anything up.

I hope you get it sorted and wish you well with your new job x

wow i would love to have a home salon

but i live in a 2-bed flat so i'd have to wait for my daughter to move out so i could convert her room into a salon, but being as she is only 6 i don't see her going anywhere anytime soon

good luck

I'm in a similar situation so I'm really glad this has been posted. This week I was given notice to quit my premises which iv'e been in for 5 years. Iv'e been looking all week and theres just no premises suitable for me to rent. So I have to seriously consider working from home. I do beauty and nails. I had to give Holly who works for me her notice too, which was heart breaking. I just checked out the business link website and it was really helpful. If any one out there has any more advice I'd love to hear it.:cry:

Thanks for your replies so far. The business link website was brilliant, loads of good info. I would still be interested to hear what steps other at home salons have made.

Thanks
Laura

Latest posts

Back