Home salons, do you promote a physical presence to passers by?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole333

Reaction score
Starting to get organised with a logo has got me thinking about all things marketing I can use it for.

I would like to make some kind of small wall plaque, that is next to my front door to promote that I am here to passers by. I'm not sure how right now, but I will do this, using my logo.
I don't really want to put stickers in my window, although I know these would be the best promotion. But something with my website or facebook details, for someone to investigate further would be included.

Something that could be weatherproofed, that housed price lists that people could take away would be ideal.

So my questions are to those who have salons inside their homes.

Do you advertise on your building and how?
What has been the uptake with passers by that have seen your advertising?

Thanks

Hiya, I'm not sure about all the legal ins and outs but I read on here before that some councils only allow an A4 sized sign in a window, but then every council is different.
Sounds like a great idea if you are able to do it though :) x

So there must be another thread on this that I didn't find then?!

I'm not allowed to put anything out the front of my house to advertise my business but a fellow geek suggested signage in/on my car which I now do. Great idea and i'm not breaking the rules!

When I applied to my council last year, they didn't stipulate any rules around this.

i would contact your council just to make sure you dont get fined!!it kind of depends on your neighbours too< how they feel about signage??

i have my car parked outside with car door magnets on xx

Blimey, I don't intend on putting up any big signs or banners. Can you imagine?! :D

I just had visions of a subtle little thing, maybe four inches square and wondered what everyone else does.

Anyone care to share if they actually advertise that they are there, or have nothing at all?

A home salon up the road from me has a big A frame sign telling her clients she's on maternity leave until October. She's had it outside her house on the pavement for the last 3 months. She has it chained to her iron gate. I want it removed. I think it's completely pointless. Who's going to read that and think "oh, I must make sure I make an appointment with her in October?".

Pleeeeease.

Should I inform the council?

I'm surprised nobody has 'accidently' fallen over it. She's leaving herself wide open.

Actually, I'm sure I remember a case locally where a coffee shop wasn't allowed one of those things in a particular place because they said the partially sighted may come to harm.

I've got signage on the rear window of my car that's parked on my drive :)

I'm surprised nobody has 'accidently' fallen over it. She's leaving herself wide open.

Actually, I'm sure I remember a case locally where a coffee shop wasn't allowed one of those things in a particular place because they said the partially sighted may come to harm.

I think I may need to fall over it tomorrow and break my ankle. :twisted:

I considered this when I had my home salon, but then I envisaged people randomly knocking on my door at all hours, which is a definite possibility! I had to take my house number off my website and just leave the street name on as people did come knocking thinking I did walk in appointments. And I'm talking Sundays, 10pm etc. I'd reconsider lol x

I considered this when I had my home salon, but then I envisaged people randomly knocking on my door at all hours, which is a definite possibility! I had to take my house number off my website and just leave the street name on as people did come knocking thinking I did walk in appointments. And I'm talking Sundays, 10pm etc. I'd reconsider lol x

That is a very good point and has made my decision for me!

Latest posts

Back