home study course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tat1973

Reaction score
hi
i am currently doing a home study course. can anyone tell me if they have done one and do they feel in was enough to start a career as a nail technician.
i am in my 30s so im looking for a new career. i am tempted to do a practical course as well but i dont want to be the only person over 20 doing it.
does anyone have any advice:lol:

hi
i am currently doing a home study course. can anyone tell me if they have done one and do they feel in was enough to start a career as a nail technician.
i am in my 30s so im looking for a new career. i am tempted to do a practical course as well but i dont want to be the only person over 20 doing it.
does anyone have any advice:lol:

I think everyone will agree that one course whether it be home study or 1-1 is never enough as the industry progresses so quickly you need to progress with it.

I know that a few people on here have started with the home study course but have then gone on to do other courses also, it depends on you work after the course really, if you get any come back with the clients or are they having problems etc, and it depends on what you want to do, go in a salon?? or start up on your own?? and trust me there are plenty of people your age and older on the course don't let your age hold you back just go for it hun xx

Hi and welcome to the site.

Please use the search facility above and search 'home learn' or 'essential nails' and you will find no doubt hundreds of posts regarding this type of study.

You will find that, no, it is generally not considered enough to start a business and there are gaps in this type of education but it can be a start for you on which you can build.

Nothing beats a good educator and a good classroom with brilliant products if you want to become a professional. Consider it a start. And good luck.

Don't worry about your age, I was 28 when i went back to college to study beauty therapy and it was never an issue for me (or the other two students around my age either). If you want to make a career out of nails, then go for it.

I am about 30 too, and I went to a Creative course because I want a career change. I am very new to nails I just finished :). I went in the afternoon courses since I work full time and except one student, everyone else were at the same age as me and for the same purpose. Don't let your age be a barrier, you will be suprised how many start at this age. I really enjoyed the course and I learnt a lot of things and many questions I had were answered, which is not very easy with home study.

i was going to do home learning but decided to go to college last year instead.I was worried about the age thing aswell im 38yrs and thought i would look silly.But when you think of it the younge girls like school leavers etc are normally there in the day but my course is at night and all the girls are great and probly start from late 20's,i think im the oldest but m fine now with that.I have been on this course for 10 months now and its coming to an end in 3 weeks time and still want to learn more!

Go for it its great as you need to be with a tutor and other girls to get you through as it is not as easy as peolpe think,it opened my eyes to how in dept we are going into the technolgy side of it. Blood,skins,bones,deasease,disorders,mani,pedi,enhancements,nail art etc etc.
Im not putting you off but i think its better to go to college then doing at home on ya own if you get what i mean.HTH's

Go for it xx

Hello,
I am 34 and just started training earlier on in the year, most of the people on my course were around the same age, hey its only a number! Go for it i am so pleased i did enjoying every minute.

:hug:Im in my thirtys hun, they are not all young girls and boys on the course, you go for it

Latest posts

Back