home techs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peaches

Reaction score
do any of you girls who work at home allow clients to bring friends or partners with them while they have their nails done i was asked this today by a client i explained that the service is confidential what does any one eles do?

I'm probably not the best person to comment as i do slightly different things, but i don't like clients coming with someone for treatments such as Aromatherapy or Reflexology as i think there are several things which make it less than ideal.
A little while ago i had two women who came to have their eyebrows waxed together, and it went quite well. I don't think it's a big deal to have someone else there for something like nail extensions, but it can be off-putting. Apart from anything else, i think the friend is likely to get very bored! I still think it's not ideal - but not necessarily totally unworkable.

yogacat said:
I'm probably not the best person to comment as i do slightly different things, but i don't like clients coming with someone for treatments such as Aromatherapy or Reflexology as i think there are several things which make it less than ideal.
A little while ago i had two women who came to have their eyebrows waxed together, and it went quite well. I don't think it's a big deal to have someone else there for something like nail extensions, but it can be off-putting. Apart from anything else, i think the friend is likely to get very bored! I still think it's not ideal - but not necessarily totally unworkable.
thank you for your reply lynda

I think it does depend on the circumstances. If a partner comes then, yes I agree they may get bored, but I have had a few times where my client has brought a friend and they have been so fascinated that they too have ended up becoming clients.

I've had the same experience as Fiona. The friend "watching" has always ended up becoming a client too.

Hiya

yep me to friends arent a prob for me........ potential clients..... they prob wouldnt be coming along if they wernt interested......

I don't mind when clients bring their friends or a partner. As long as they don't get in my way then I'm not bothered - they can make the tea!!!!!

I also let some of my clients bring their children with them which can be disastrous sometimes but it's either that or I may lose them as a client as they have no one to look after their children. Saying that though, I do ask them to bring someone else with them to look after the children. I also try to make it as homely as I can for my clients.

I know not everyone will agree with that but I'm a nice person and I don't like being horrible to potential clients!!!!!!

Thank you for the thank you...but Lynda??
*confused*
my name's definitely not lynda.......

yes my name is lynda is that make any sense lol sorry about the confusion from lynda

hello

Some of my clients sometimes decide to bring a friend along, I don't mind if i'm doing nail enhancements. We all have a good natter but I do find that with all the chatter I sometimes take a bit longer so I try to book out extra time after each client incase I need it, so as not to run late with the next one. I sit the clients friend down next to the nail station with some mags. I must admit I don't think it is right for the client to bring someone along if they are having a facial or relaxing treatment as they are not going to get the full benefit if their friend is nattering away in the back ground lol. :rolleyes:

Despends on the procdure, if it is just nails it think it is a good idea because the person watching will probably become a client too!

peaches said:
do any of you girls who work at home allow clients to bring friends or partners with them while they have their nails done i was asked this today by a client i explained that the service is confidential what does any one eles do?

:rolleyes: Hi there Peaches, I too am having a roblem with this at the moment. I work from home too in a convertd summer house in the garden, and I have a client who is a lovely person and a regular client but always brings her boyfriend with her, at first it was because she didnt know where i lived, bit it has cotinued for the last 4 visits, and he can be really distractive. Time before last he sat taking photos of my salon with his mobile phone, and this time he kept falling asleep, I dont think he is going to be a fiture client, PLEASE HELP OUT THERE, im not sure how to drop a hint without loosing my client, she does tell him to go sit in the car!!!!!! :mad:

AAAAAWWWWWW poor bloke!! i would drop a few polite hints along the lines of wouldn't you rather be in the pub!! :lol: sitting waiting for your missis to get her nails done has got to be worse for a man than making him go shopping with you for clothes :twisted: evil woman :twisted: ;)
i always try and make my cleints feel totally at home and try to have a good old giggle with them so for me to be cheeky like that would not seem out of character but i sappose it depends on what level you are on with them as to how far you could push it without offending if you think she wont continue with her appointments if she doesnt bring hubbie then i would say put up with it if you possibly can sooner or later hes got to be able to convince her he is better off being left behind maybe he is trying to show her up and thats what all the falling asleep was about :lol: hes hoping she wont take him again rofl :lol: :lol: :lol: good luck!!

QUOTE=nailsbynicola]AAAAAWWWWWW poor bloke!! i would drop a few polite hints along the lines of wouldn't you rather be in the pub!! :lol: sitting waiting for your missis to get her nails done has got to be worse for a man than making him go shopping with you for clothes :twisted: evil woman :twisted: ;)
i always try and make my cleints feel totally at home and try to have a good old giggle with them so for me to be cheeky like that would not seem out of character but i sappose it depends on what level you are on with them as to how far you could push it without offending if you think she wont continue with her appointments if she doesnt bring hubbie then i would say put up with it if you possibly can sooner or later hes got to be able to convince her he is better off being left behind maybe he is trying to show her up and thats what all the falling asleep was about :lol: hes hoping she wont take him again rofl :lol: :ol: good luck!![/QUOTE]

Well somehow i get the feeling he wants to be there with her, I was having a conversation with another client who works with this client and she asked me if he came with her for her nails doing, I was reluctant to discuss this with another client, but apparently she sais he is too much and in her face constantly, do you think it would help my client if I drop a polite hint like ladies only salon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back