Home treatment room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel Weyl

Reaction score
I’ve got a home treatment room that clients access from the side of the house
My neighbour has complained to the council due to the increased amount of visitors
Has anyone else had this issue and how did you overcome it?
Any advice appreciated

I’ve got a home treatment room that clients access from the side of the house
My neighbour has complained to the council due to the increased amount of visitors
Has anyone else had this issue and how did you overcome it?
Any advice appreciated

If they are parking on your drive it is none of your neighbours business who visits your home. But if they are parking and causing congestion because their appointments are one after the other then it is cause for concern for the council. Eg one with you, one arriving (two cars). Or one really late, one with you and one really early (3 cars!).

I live in a very built up area so much so I can’t even use my own visitor permit when my mum visits as other people take up the spaces with their second cars. My appointments are staggered so that there is only ever one person arriving or leaving at a time. When I’m busier I can also rely on the car park a few mins walk away so there isn’t 2 spaces taken up.

There isn’t much you can do now except what the council wants you to do, but give them a plan of how you handle client parking etc.

In the meantime using the front door might be less obvious to your neighbour. Side doors are for nosey nellies.

If they are parking on your drive it is none of your neighbours business who visits your home. But if they are parking and causing congestion because their appointments are one after the other then it is cause for concern for the council. Eg one with you, one arriving (two cars). Or one really late, one with you and one really early (3 cars!).

I live in a very built up area so much so I can’t even use my own visitor permit when my mum visits as other people take up the spaces with their second cars. My appointments are staggered so that there is only ever one person arriving or leaving at a time. When I’m busier I can also rely on the car park a few mins walk away so there isn’t 2 spaces taken up.

There isn’t much you can do now except what the council wants you to do, but give them a plan of how you handle client parking etc.

In the meantime using the front door might be less obvious to your neighbour. Side doors are for nosey nellies.[/QUOTE
Thanks for your reply !
We’ve got parking for 2 cars on the drive and I also stagger my appointments so there’s never anyone waiting
Hopefully this should be enough for the council to allow it

Can you not stagger your appointments so they are not all there at the same time?

Can you not stagger your appointments so they are not all there at the same time?
They are staggered so only one client at a time and only 3-4 max per day usually

Hi there, I think that your neighbour is probably like one that I had at my old address. She was a moaner and even deliberately keyed one of my clients' cars.
My street had plenty of parking as it was next to a high school and people came and went all day long, not just at school busy periods.
Can you use the front door as House Beauty suggests? or is there an oportunity to raise your boundary fence? Nosey neighbours have nothing better to do than put their nose into your business. I bet they love to listen in to you as you say hello/goodbye! How horrid.
To be honest 3-4 clients a day is not unreasonable , but as you will be at the mercy of the council you will have to wait and see.
I also ask if there is a car park nearby, like village hall, pub, local shop that may allow some of your clients to park there instead of at your house? That is if the increase in traffic is what the council choose to confront you with.
Good luck .

Sounds like you just have an arse on your hands TBH. If they are staggered to the point of only one ever being parked it's no diff to there just being a visitor. Just wait and see what the council say.

When you started up, did you check with the council about getting planning permission?
If they confirmed that no permission was required or you have actually got your official permission already, then the neighbour can only put the complaint to the council to be looked into.
Obviously it would be faster and easier to have a face to face meeting with your neighbour to see what the actual issues are and how you can work to resolve it.

I just had a visit from the council planning department following the exact same 'complaint' (concocted by my stalker using a fictitious name and a neighbour's address I later discovered).

The guy from the council was really helpful. You are not contravening any regulations of you don't have too much traffic (he suggested he wouldn't have any concerns over my having several clients per day). Parking would be the most likely problem. I fortunately have a free space on the front of the property so no worries... even though I'm located at the end of a narrow, dead end track.

Sometimes if hubby's home and there is no space I ask clients to park a short walk away and they seem fine with this, would that be a solution?

I just had a visit from the council planning department following the exact same 'complaint' (concocted by my stalker using a fictitious name and a neighbour's address I later discovered).

The guy from the council was really helpful. You are not contravening any regulations of you don't have too much traffic (he suggested he wouldn't have any concerns over my having several clients per day). Parking would be the most likely problem. I fortunately have a free space on the front of the property so no worries... even though I'm located at the end of a narrow, dead end track.

Sometimes if hubby's home and there is no space I ask clients to park a short walk away and they seem fine with this, would that be a solution?

Hi Alison,

Good to hear he's on your side. May I ask did you ask for planning permission before you started? I'm about to start so thinking ahead.

Latest posts

Back