Home waxing room question - another question added

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahjane13

Reaction score
I'm in the process of getting a waxing room set up at home and just wondered.....do you have your bed against a wall (so you can only work from one side), or in the middle so you can walk round it?
Thanks!

Personally I like to be able to walk all round the couch.

I worked at a salon once where the bed was against the wall and it was a real pain in the neck.
To do an underarm wax I had to get the client to spin round so their head was the other end of the bed (so their arm pit was next to me)
Not great!!

Ideally in the middle if possible. Saves straining your back

Great, thanks both. I was thinking the same but just wondered what others did.
Thank you!

I'm getting part of my garage converted in to a waxing room and as the space is quite limited I am trying to make sure I make the most of it.
Do you think it's worth having a screened off changing area (either a curtain to pull round or a screen divider) or is it just not necessary?
x

I'm getting part of my garage converted in to a waxing room and as the space is quite limited I am trying to make sure I make the most of it.
Do you think it's worth having a screened off changing area (either a curtain to pull round or a screen divider) or is it just not necessary?
x

I think it depends on whether you will be remaining in the room whilst the client undressed and prepares or whether you intend on leaving the room. If I was staying in the room I’d probably put a screen around the bed so they could undress and get up without feeling awkward.

I'm in the process of getting a waxing room set up at home and just wondered.....do you have your bed against a wall (so you can only work from one side), or in the middle so you can walk round it?
Thanks!

Definitely middle. I have found I work best at a leftie on the left side of client (facing them on the right) for everything except when doing the opposite arm and leg I go over the other side.

My couch is massive and takes up the whole room to have cantered so I move it just for waxing and sometimes have it diagonal for ease of access.

It's obviously better to have space to walk around your couch - but I've been happily waxing in a narrow room with my couch against the wall. I have a good light on the wall side and pull the couch away from the wall by about 10/15 cms so the client isn't pressed up against the couch and we're both fine.

I just stand at the head of the couch to do the underarm on the wall side. I tilt the client's head on one side to shape their brows or do facial waxing.

My couch is on gliders, so if I really need to stand on the wall side I can pull the couch towards me with the client still on it. I haven't needed to do this in a waxing treatment but if I'm training it's handy for a trainee.

In the middle. I don’t have a screen, pointless, just makes them more embarrassed about it. My clients are normally stripping as they walk in the door, I make it a comfortable experience!

I have my couch at an angle in my room so I can walk round it. I find it handier for access but I guess if that's not possible you would just get used to having it against the wall? I have a folding screen that you can see through if you really want to, as it's carved wood. I am unable to leave the room when clients arrive so have it to duck behind if needed but my clients tend to just strip off while chatting to me anyway!

In the middle. I don’t have a screen, pointless, just makes them more embarrassed about it. My clients are normally stripping as they walk in the door, I make it a comfortable experience!

Agree, don’t worry about that. I do have a curtain - but it’s a room divider that serves another purpose and the other half is a lounge. So I just stand on the other side while they change.

Half start trying to remove their trousers before they have filled in their consult form :D but giving them clear instructions as they come in and privacy to change definitely helps with any flustered ones when they arrive, it gives them a moment to pause eg if they are super chatty and struggle to relax, or had a bad day, they get a chance to calm down before deflecting any bad feels onto you unintentionally. With waxing in particular, you want your client calm and in a good mood or neutral as any upset/frustrations they have on their shoulders will make them feel worse when being waxed. Positive mindset is a big thing with waxing. In that case I leave the room and wait behind the door or some of the flustered ones will try and follow me round the curtain while undressing when I say I will be right back...so having a door to shut behind me is better for them to calm down.

Latest posts

Back