Homemade products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am intrested in making my own beauty products like cleansers, toners creams ect. Anyone got any info for me or good receipes?

would you be selling these products? do you have to get any insurance or anything for it? x

would you be selling these products? do you have to get any insurance or anything for it? x

yes insurance is a necessity, also if selling to the public, you HAVE to use CERTIFIED products, otherwise once you have made the product, you have to have it certified, and this costs around £70 - £120 per product, so can be rather costly. another thing that has to be considered is the labelling, its quite difficult to list all ingredients on a small label, EO oils have to have the latin name also.

thanks glynis, was going to pm you about this as i know you did make some of your own, but you saw the thread first! would you recommend making your own or is it alot of hassle? do they sell well? i would like to have a little go anyway, jsut for fun and for me to use if nobody else!

thanks glynis, was going to pm you about this as i know you did make some of your own, but you saw the thread first! would you recommend making your own or is it alot of hassle? do they sell well? i would like to have a little go anyway, jsut for fun and for me to use if nobody else!

beat ya eh :lol: . i first started to make my own as i kept getting asked if i knew of any decent products for this and that, so thought hell, ill have a go, anyway enjoyed it so much that i went full hog. it can be a hassle....but i dont mind the challenge. i sell lots of my cuticle oil (which is also good for clearing up psoriasis and roseaca - clients feedback). and tons of my lipbalm, and the feedback ive had from that is quite good too, been told that they no longer suffer with coldsores, or if they have a coldsore, it soon clears up. as for the facial products, i sell quite abit of my anti-wrinkle oil and eye oil. cleansers, toners, moisturisers dont do so well, as i think peeps just go to sallys or whatever for the more basic stuff, and its cheaper than mine!!!!

to cut out some of the hassle, if you buy certified products, thats half the battle (can be expensive - but safer in my opinion). then basically its up to you what essential oils you use. bearing in mind that some oils are dangerous to use on some peeps,so you have to have a full rundown on there history before you make a blend for them.

if you do go down this route, make sure your labels are correct too. and keep a diary of what you made and when.

hope thats helped abit poppet

that helps loads, thank you! think i might have a play with some stuff x

Latest posts

Back