Honest opinion - L&P, gel & training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bravegirl

Reaction score
i live in a small town i am being trained by a nail tech in her salon, in this small town its all about gel nails not much for L&P, she asked me the other day what i thought about doing a course for it, which i would have to be sent away to do, she is the only salon around this area which does L&P. but my question is, is it worth it? i am having a little bit of trouble with the gel should i be in the mix with L&P to?

but my main question is, is it harder to do then gel? thanks

I think if someone else is prepared to pay for your training you should grab it with both hands.

Any training, knowledge and qualifications gained will be for your benefit. I don't use all the systems I am trained for, but I'm really glad I understand and can use them all if I need to. I never turn down a training opportunity, and I have to pay for it myself!

I don't think L&P is harder than gel to master, different that's all.

Go for it :lol:

L&p is just as popular if not more than gel in my area I have loads of ladies wanting l&p is say its worth training for hun its a good skill to have Xx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

oh i agree to but watching videos and videos it seems much harder, it seems alot like science , from bead sizes to the liquid on the brush!

i am willing to do the training it wont be for another few months, so all weekend i have been busy watching videos and everything even got my hubby to watch a few with me lol, but to me it looks very complicated and i dont like to fail, theres been a few times with gel on the training hand i felt like giving up on it, i love it i do but i hate failing!

I won't lie , its just as hard as it looks , but you do pick up on it and a set of acrylics don't take as long as gel. - in my case , and some people just aren't suites for gel at all as you'll find some aren't for acrylic either , as soon as you understand the science behind it Its easy , I recommend watching gemma lamberts application techniques too pick it up quickly xxx

Come on you will be fine.

Before I was able to drive (about 100 years ago), I used to look at other drivers and think "I could never do that"! But after good tuition and practice I can do it as well as anyone else. I couldn't have properly learned a practical skill like driving by watching videos - it would have scared the pants off me. Same for the practical skills needed for nails, good tuition and good practice is what you will need.

Have confidence in yourself, you will be fine. Be a Bravegirl :lol::lol::lol:

is there a link to see gemma lambert?

i have been watching alot of Naio which i find is amazing i got to say it is filled with information and tips:) but other then that havnt been watching any one else

If you just type her name in on YouTube or google her videos will come up, I would get you the link but I'm on my phone . Sorry for delayed reply haven't been on x

Latest posts

Back