honey coloured oil bleach gel for controlled lightening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minky

Reaction score
Does anybody still use the plain old Oil bleach any more ?
(eg the one which looks like honey )
you mix it with either 6% or 9% and it then turns into a gel ,
it lifts the hair just a couple of shades only?
smells like yuck but is great for controlled lifting .
I think a large German company use it under the name
shine light or something like that :lol:

We have one that's an american company (or distributor anyway) and yes we still use it. I try and make sure my students can do the old- back in the day when we just bleached and toned to get the colore we wanted- as well as the new. I don't want them to be stranded with out knowledge.

We have one that's an american company (or distributor anyway) and yes we still use it. I try and make sure my students can do the old- back in the day when we just bleached and toned to get the colore we wanted- as well as the new. I don't want them to be stranded with out knowledge.
ahhh, that does my heart good to read that Jeni. I just got done with having a apprentice in my salon studying under me. I taught her the "good old day" tricks of the trade. Some of the looks I got from her..lol..
I still use the bleach and tone. Seems easier with clients at times

I still use the bleach and tone. Seems easier with clients at times
Just the old ones I'd bet :wink2:...bleach is my friend, it can get me where I'm going when I want to get there!! Sometimes it isn't just old, it's good!!

Especially since I just had bleach highlight retouch done today- funny thing happened on the back right side though, she forgot to leave hair between foils....we had a great learning experience!! She thought I would be mad and didn't want to tell me, asked one of the other instructors to check and see what we may need to do (but don't tell her she says) I laughed and replied- OK, now how are you going to fix it? She did beautifully, she's still paranoid, but you'd never know I had a solid blond patch the size of wyoming--on the back of my head!

How can you learn if you never make a mistake?

Oh Thank god it was on YOU..and not a client. LOL..I can only imagine how her heart was knockin in her chest.

relieved the knocking, she's had to pick through 3 or 4 times today just to make sure she really fixed it. When I went to the Bank and stopped to get lunch I had 2 different people ask if I got my hair done at The School of Hairstyling- Wonder how they figured that out? We have shirts with out logo on them that the instructors wear- couldn't be the big logo on my shirt;) so I handed out cards. My student can now breathe easier and have more to practice!!!

When I went to the Bank and stopped to get lunch I had 2 different people ask if I got my hair done at The School of Hairstyling- Wonder how they figured that out? We have shirts with out logo on them that the instructors wear- couldn't be the big logo on my shirt;)

Ya think? :D
Next time ask them why they asked..hopefully it is the logo on the shirt. :wink2:

Defo the logo- the bank teller booked in for a highlight today and the lady at the restraunt scheduled for a perm and deep conditioner on Thursday!!!

huh? You do a deep condition the same day as a perm? or are those two different appts for the same lady..:D

Latest posts

Back