Honouring vouchers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouboutinLover

Reaction score
Id like a bit of business advice please, I issued a voucher just over 4 years ago which was never redeemed and the girl now wishes to do so.

However in 4 years my circumstances have significantly changed, I no longer live where I work and come back for specific days to do my existing clients. And therefore am not taking on new clients, unless I have a cancellation in which case I post the availability on my page.

Because I travel so far, from a monetary point of view it has to be worthwhile so I need to fill those spaces with clients that will be paying.

What I'm asking is - would you honor the voucher and take it on the chin if one of my spots becomes available? Or would you decline based on what I've just explained? I want to do what is fair and right really but the voucher is over 4 years old!

I appreciate your opinions [emoji4]

Hi
Did your voucher have an expiry date on it?
If it didn't then I think you'd have to honour it.
If it did, and it's expired, then you could decline. Usually I would say I'd honour it anyway even if it's expired (altho 4 years is a very long time by anyone's standards!) but if it's expired, in your new situation. I would decline. X

Wow 4 years is a long time! Take it there was no expiry date? I've had that once and as I'm mobile now went against the grain to travel out and do a set of nails but she's now a regular so worth it in the end. What I've learnt is put a valid until date on them! Normally 12 months.

How is the voucher worded? Is it for a specific service or a sum of money.

Did you put an expiry date on the voucher? If not, I think you have to treat it like cash and honour it.

Yeah I feared you guys would say that ha ha! Sadly no! I didn't put an expiry on it. I never anticipated someone would wait 4 years! However I will from now on. It is for a specific treatment however.

Hopefully, you'll get good karma for honouring it. :)

Oooo and you can never have too much of that [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back