Hope do I teach privately?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently finished my L5 HND (L5 Pearson HND diploma hair and beauty therapy management) and the assessor's award (C&G L3 certificate in assessing vocational achievement) and I'll be qualified next month.

How do I start running private courses in my salon? I'm only looking to start running small one day courses to start.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks!

I teach one day courses in my salon. I write up my courses then send them off to ABT for accreditation, if you contact them they'll be able to help you x

I teach one day courses in my salon. I write up my courses then send them off to ABT for accreditation, if you contact them they'll be able to help you x
Hi

Thanks for your reply, do you make a manual? Like in the train the trainer course? I've spoken to a few girls who have done it this way. Did you have too complete the PTLLS course? TIA, any advice greatly appreciated xx

Hi

Thanks for your reply, do you make a manual? Like in the train the trainer course? I've spoken to a few girls who have done it this way. Did you have too complete the PTLLS course? TIA, any advice greatly appreciated xx
I done my AET with Habia in Doncaster last year. Then had to write up my manuals of what is as going to teach like hair extensions, nails etc. Do session plans of the break down of the class (I learnt that during the AET) and take out a teaching extension with my insurance but I think u can take insurance out with ABT as well. I'll show you what they emailed me of what all they need:

For an accreditation application we require the following:

Completed application form

Detailed lesson plans with timings, max attendees and any prerequisites

Manuals (to include: H&S, A&P – Anatomy and Physiology, contraindications/actions, step by step etc)

Sample certificates

Tutor certificates including teaching qualification (PTLLS/AET or equivalent) and a recognised/accredited qualification in what they are teaching.

ABT Insurance cover that includes cover in the treatments being taught and a teaching extension (Please ask for further info if insured elsewhere)

Payment

Up to 10 courses £250

Up to 15 courses £400

Up to 20 courses £500

Over 20 courses £600

*Please note the above pricing matrix is for the initial application. Once the initial accreditation is accepted, additional courses are prices as below.

Adding courses once accredited £40 per course

Important note: We do not accredit or insure distance learning courses.

These pricings do not include insurance. For an insurance quote to cover you for teaching please call the insurance team on 01789 773573.

Please find accreditation application form and T&C’s on the following link: http://abtinsurance.co.uk/Accredited-Company-Forms.html

How long did it take to be accredited from sending in your manuals? Waiting for them to get back to me xx

How long did it take to be accredited from sending in your manuals? Waiting for them to get back to me xx
Hey, I'm making my manuals now, how long did it take for them to get them accredited for you? Thanks

Latest posts

Back