Hopefully someone can help...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bexyanne

Reaction score
Hi there,

Same old story, I'm a natural blonde but I got bored and dyed my hair brown. I wanted it back blonde so I went to a professional to get it done. They told me I'd need to strip the colour out which is a lengthy process and start again.

So after I had strand tests and skin tests I let them start, first time it came out an orangey colour which they said would happen. They said I'd need to do it again and it will fade to a yellow colour. Thing is when they did it it went more orange.

Is this right? They have said my hair needs a week to recover and they will bleach it. I get the feeling they have let loose a novice colourist on me as my friends have told me it shouldn't be this bad.

I have paid a lot of money for this already and I am a bit nervous about paying more, I don't mind it taking a while but it doesn't seem to be improving.

Can someone explain the processes they should be doing and tell me if they are doing it right before I spend more money?

Thank you :)

they are bleaching ur hair for a third time? it is goin to disintegrat e at this rate, have they tried toning the orange out? they shud have been able to get a fairly decent result first time round if they toned it, by sounds of things they aint toning it x

Not as far as I can tell, thanks for this I think I will go to another salon. They are supposed to be quite a reputable place but after shelling out nearly £200 I don't feel very happy, and they keep telling me they know best and I should trust them. They want another £150 to finish it but I think I will go somewhere else and ask for a consultation.

that is just ridiculous, if blechin hair causes it to go ginger in the slightest and the client aint happy it can be toned to neutralise it, it may not be as bright a blonde as u hoped but at least it wont be screamin ginger. . they shud have done a test cutting and showed u the result they cud have achieved before proceeding, that way u cud have decided if it was right for u. . i think they have jus abused ur trust love. x

I went to another salon today and they said pretty much the same as you, they were also shocked at how much they'd charged for the colour it was and the fact they hadn't advised me properly. They said they will try and fix it and tone it down for half price and if I don't like what they do they wont charge me so I'm fairly happy with that. Thanks for the advice, I wont be going there again! Next time I have something like this done I will make sure they do a test first before I let them loose on my hair!

Hi, glad to hear you are getting sorted out ,

:hug: x minky

Latest posts

Back