Hopi ear candle treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leemac

Reaction score
Hi there

I had a client yesterday who was telling me about this treatment. I was wondering if many of you practice this treatment? Its of personal interest as well as professional as I suffer from really bad sinus's, but also thought it sounded like a lovely treatment to offer.

So any information would be great, also do you need to do a specific course and how available are they?

Thanks x :hug:

Hi

I am booked to do a course on Hopi Ear Candling in December. It's a one day course through Carlton Institute.

I am doing this course more from a personal interest firstly as my other half suffer with problems that ear candling can help.

I am really looking forward to doing it. If you Google Hopi Ear Candling there is lots of information about the treatment.

Hi

I am booked to do a course on Hopi Ear Candling in December. It's a one day course through Carlton Institute.

I am doing this course more from a personal interest firstly as my other half suffer with problems that ear candling can help.

I am really looking forward to doing it. If you Google Hopi Ear Candling there is lots of information about the treatment.
Thanks for the info, hope you enjoy your course!:hug:

Hi , I both do and teach hopi ear candles and it is fast becoming a very popular treatment. It is primarily used for wax removal as alot of doctors are now not offering syringing to clear the problem. But it is also very good for other conditions such as sinus congestions and allergies. It is a lovely treatment to do especially if you offer the drainage massage afterwards. Training is normally readily available all over the country normally 1 day but we also like you to do case studies and an assessment following on from your initial training. Finally if you hope to offer this is a treatment then yes you would need to do a course in order to be able to gain insurance.

HTH

Helen xx

I used to offer this in a salon I worked in, and it was never requested. I've had it done on me in training and done it on other people and didn't see any wax being removed - it seemed as if the residue was merely candle wax and soot?

I dunno there are differing opinions on this treatment (similar to the detox foot spa) - there is no real evidence that it works but it is quite relaxing xx

Hi
I did the ear candling at carlton, brentwood..
its a lovely treatment, very relaxing.
to end the treatment you do a facial pressure point massage to help ease sinus pain and aid drainage.
Ive got a client who swears by this treatment, shes only had two and loves it.
she has had a lot of sinus problems and is sick of taking tablets and sprays.
she says she get a lot of relief from it and sometimes carries on doing the drainage massage at home.

Fabulous treatment to have, also to perform, very relaxing.

Hi,
I am trained in Hopi Ear Candling although we don't get much call for it at our spa (it's probably not advertised as well as other treatments and it's not included in any packages either, which I think it should be - but hey :rolleyes:)

Anyway I think it's a really nice comforting treatment and really does work if you get the right candles. I buy from a lady who makes her own and they are fab!! I even managed to convert my dad who doesn't believe in "any of that rubbish!" :lol:

I don't rate the Biosun candles much though, they don't really seem to lift anything IMO.

xx

Hi,
I am trained in Hopi Ear Candling although we don't get much call for it at our spa (it's probably not advertised as well as other treatments and it's not included in any packages either, which I think it should be - but hey :rolleyes:)

Anyway I think it's a really nice comforting treatment and really does work if you get the right candles. I buy from a lady who makes her own and they are fab!! I even managed to convert my dad who doesn't believe in "any of that rubbish!" :lol:

I don't rate the Biosun candles much though, they don't really seem to lift anything IMO.

xx
does your insurance cover you for homemade candles? I would check that out pronto.

Hi, I highly recommend learning this treatment, very relaxing and does help with alot of problems. I had treatment for Labyrinthitis several years ago and now get a treatment regularly to help prevent recurring glue ear. Lou x

Well it didn't do a thing for me .. and I had several treatments. I have permanently blocked ears which I can clear by holding my nose and blowing (likie on a plane). I also have blocked sinuses frequently.

Load of old bunkam if you ask me. I did not find it particularly relaxing ... was not impressed by the 'residue' in the candle as I also looked at one that hadn't been used on a real person and it WAS exactly THE SAME.

Did allot of personal research and found there is no proof at all that these candles do anything positive or beneficial at all.

If clients think candling is beneficial then fine ... but the facts do not support that theory.

There is no (Ear Wax) sucked up into the candle. Some people are still told this and its rubbish. The wax / residue left in the candle at the end is from the ingredients in the candle. The heat and vibrations created in the treatment will help with compacted ear wax however this will naturally work its way out of the ear 24 - 48 hour after treatment. I recommend anyone to do an accredited course in ear candling to make sure you are getting the correct info. Lou x

does your insurance cover you for homemade candles? I would check that out pronto.

Hi, I don't have any insurance because I only do treatments on my mum and dad - I'm far too busy with work to be doing treatments on clients at home or mobile :irked:

x

this is not true. The candle acts as a vaccum because of the heat and the heat and this action loosens the wax in your ear, lossening and briging the wax to the surface that a cotton bud doesnt reach. I love this treatment and have had it done many times and each time she unrolls the candle at the end for me and the soot is hardly presnt inside only on the outside and is black, and the residue from the candle inside when unravelled is a light yellow pale colour the same colour as the candle. And ther is alsways this ORANGE wax that is left in the candle from my ear, it is clearly not candle residue as it would be yellow wouldnt it? it is clear as day it is the wax from my ear that has been drawn out. I have now also qualified for this treatment and it is very popular in my salon. Especially this summer it was when people were flying to reduce pressure on the plane and earache, i get this really bad and had it done for this and it helped so well i coudlnt believe it i had hardly any pressure pain and now have the ear candle once a month and experience less itchy ears and less earache. i suggest u experinece this to see the wax yourself because orange wax certainly isnt candle residue is it!??

There is no (Ear Wax) sucked up into the candle. Some people are still told this and its rubbish. The wax / residue left in the candle at the end is from the ingredients in the candle. The heat and vibrations created in the treatment will help with compacted ear wax however this will naturally work its way out of the ear 24 - 48 hour after treatment. I recommend anyone to do an accredited course in ear candling to make sure you are getting the correct info. Lou x

Last edited by a moderator:
oh and i never have wax afterwards so i dnt believe it makes it way out of the ear after 24 hours, i have never had any wax left over on my ear later on or on a cotton bud because the wax comes out straight away and is in the candle!!!

Hopi Ear Candles and Ear Candling by Lynne Hancher

quotes-
So you think you clean your ears properly? So did I, but the wax these candles removes is incredible and it beats syringing any day. It's painless and relaxing and if you suffer with your ears, you'll be amazed.
Geoff from Bushbury

I have suffered from partial deafness for years. With regular treatment I found lots of wax was being removed. This has been very helpful and my hearing has improved slightly.
JW from Coven

I had Hopi Candles before I went on an aeroplane because the air pressure affects my nose. It was brilliant. I had no trouble at all!
Dani from Wolverhampton

info-
The candles work on a chimney principle, drawing any impurities to the surface where they can be gently removed. They equalise the pressure in the head and ears, making them suitable for most conditions. Secretion flow is gently stimulated and the vapour collects and removes impurities or deposits. Most of these are carried away through the candle "chimney", although some of them can be found in the condensed candle wax residue after removal from the ear.

Well, according to Quackometer, ear candling is about 20 years old and has NOTHING to do with the Hopi people. According to various medical and scientific reports, they either do nothing or are a potential hazard (which the FDA warn against using).

I'm all for the 'if it relaxes you then cool' thing. But I don't think anyone can prove they do anything apart from that.

I don't want to get into the war of the candles, just wanted to post some perspective. I'll step away from the thread now :D

well to me ther is proof-myself and other people feeling a diffrence in their ears, feeling less pressure on planes and actually visible seein the orange wax left in the candle. that is enough proof for me as i can see it with my own eyes and am not just reading articles! what more proof can you get?

It also helps with my sinus problems, proof enough for me, I'd have it every day if I could lol

Well it has not ever done a thing for me .. not a single thing. I wanted it too but alas nothing at all. Never known anyone else who said it really helped them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back