Hopi Ear Candles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andie

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.
I have not bought Biosun ear candles in years and am shocked at the price now. Where do you buy them from? Does anyone use another brand? Or are they just not much of a treatment now? Thanks.

Ellisons sell multi packs which reduces the overall cost. Not by much but it improves your profit margin.
If you have clients that benefit from the treatment I wouldn't remove it from your menu as it's relaxing for you to do.
Increase your price perhaps?

Sorry to jump on, but I thought ear candles were a complete con?

I was looking at investing and offering this service, but after researching, there is no evidence to state that ear candles remove wax build up and can cause more harm than good. Do you genuinely see results from this service?

I was looking at investing and offering this service, but after researching, there is no evidence to state that ear candles remove wax build up and can cause more harm than good. Do you genuinely see results from this service?
I know this is debatable for sure. How much is the action of the candles and how much is the result of the facial massage? or the combination... Some people love it and feel its helped. I also feel that the vibrations from the vacuum can help shift wax and trapped moisture too and the massage will assist with the drainage.

Jumping in here but have to say, I actually use ear candles about once to twice a year. If you get a good quality one like Revitalise, and not cheap one's they actually do work. I have small ear canals and get sinus problems. They suck up any moisture and when I open them I can't believe how much wax there is inside. Drs do not syringe ears any more. You have to pay privately and they do it by suction now, (small tube into the ear that sucks wax out) so If that is safe, then wax candles are no different.

Have you tried burning the candle without putting it in your ear? The "wax" is actually residue from the candle. There's a photo on this article Ear candling - Wikipedia

Have you tried burning the candle without putting it in your ear? The "wax" is actually residue from the candle. There's a photo on this article Ear candling - Wikipedia
When you open the end of the candle after use there is like white powder which is residue from the candle, but the ear wax in mine is definately my ear wax. It is honey coloured and hard sticky. They definately work for me. If it was dangerous then why isn't ear suction also dangerous because it's the same method (suction) and this is what medical health use now

I used to practise ear candling on a few clients with sinus congestion and tinnitus when the old theory was that it was your wax being magically removed somehow which of course is incorrect.

The NHS gives no scientific credence to the action of ear candles and in most cases it could be dangerous.

That said, if performed with strict rules on client safety I do believe that are very relaxing for the client and the gentle vortex sensation can help to warm the ears and assist with the ears' own natural cleansing action nothing more.
The head and facial massage can contribute to sinus clearing, not perhaps from the candles' action.

I used to practise ear candling on a few clients with sinus congestion and tinnitus when the old theory was that it was your wax being magically removed somehow which of course is incorrect.

The NHS gives no scientific credence to the action of ear candles and in most cases it could be dangerous.

That said, if performed with strict rules on client safety I do believe that are very relaxing for the client and the gentle vortex sensation can help to warm the ears and assist with the ears' own natural cleansing action nothing more.
The head and facial massage can contribute to sinus clearing, not perhaps from the candles' action.
I can speak from experience using them on myself that it does actually remove my ear wax. Im not saying it works for everyone. I have soft sticky ear wax and I know what colour it is. After using ear wax candles I remove and undo the filter. There is white powder (from the candle) and my soft wax, sometimes streaks, sometimes a lump is clear to see. But its not 'magical' it definately works. It does not work on the elderly who's wax is hard and dark. I have elderly clients and family who have their ears suctioned, I have been with them, which is how they do it now (not syringed as this is now dangerous as can cause infection and perferated ear drum). This is very successfull. So if ear wax candles are dangerous/not recommended, why is ear suction recommended and succesfull. It's exactly the same, using suction?

I am not medically trained in otology and could not possibly comment nor explain why the experts have moved over from syringing to suction.
However, the clinical advancement in techniques is a continual process which is for the benefit of us all. My own father is a prime example of auricular syringing that's been wrongly done. He did have a perforation as a young lad so was already rather a risk.

My experience is of that of an Holistic Therapist nothing more, and I choose the more clinical approach to all of my therapies.
Each to their own with the greatest of respect.

If someone would like to debate the efficacy or suitability of Holistic Therapies then please begin a new thread. I am sure there would be many differences in opinion , all valid but different.

So, I’m jumping in here with an approach I used for my dog. He was a massive Great Pyrenees with hair in his ears. When he would paw at them, I knew it was time to ‘candle’. I never used any candles on myself or humans, but these extra large ones were perfect for him.

He laid still and moaned the whole time. When he got up, he shook his head and was good for several months. Yes, if good suction was created, it moved the extra waxy stuff out or at least to the point I could wipe it away.

So, I’m jumping in here with an approach I used for my dog. He was a massive Great Pyrenees with hair in his ears. When he would paw at them, I knew it was time to ‘candle’. I never used any candles on myself or humans, but these extra large ones were perfect for him.

He laid still and moaned the whole time. When he got up, he shook his head and was good for several months. Yes, if good suction was created, it moved the extra waxy stuff out or at least to the point I could wipe it away.
Wow thats amazing. I never thought of using them on dogs before, but I suppose they get wax also. If you can manage to get them to stay still, it's a good idea. I'll keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back